Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi: Aya, all you can eat?

• 03-06-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Aya on Clarendon st. Never been there but I remember hearing they have an all you can eat? Can't find this out on their site so wondering if they still do it. Is the restaurant itself any use? Are there any better sushi places around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Aya on Clarendon st. Never been there but I remember hearing they have an all you can eat? Can't find this out on their site so wondering if they still do it. Is the restaurant itself any use? Are there any better sushi places around?

It's called Sushi 55, 55 minutes at the conveyor for 28 euros. We didn't ever go for it because it'd be too much and we come out under 28 anyway. Aya is not too bad, it's not fantastic but quite alright.
    Yamamori is suppposed to do it and another place called Chai yo I think am not too sure but it's allegedly the best one in town.
    Maybe someone else knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

This is going to be VERY vague , but there is meant to be a real good sushi place where you sit around the kitchen and watch the chefs cook the sushi. Hopefully soemone can fill in my huge blanks and provide the name of the restaurant from this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Smoggy wrote:
    This is going to be VERY vague , but there is meant to be a real good sushi place where you sit around the kitchen and watch the chefs cook the sushi. Hopefully soemone can fill in my huge blanks and provide the name of the restaurant from this :D

Real sushi isn't 'cooked', sashimi is the cooked fish version.

I think the restaurant you're thinking of is Chai Yo on Baggot St or Yo Thai in Donnybrook (essentially the same restaurant), they have the (karaoke singing!) chefs in the dining area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

eth0_ wrote:
    Real sushi isn't 'cooked', sashimi is the cooked fish version.

I think the restaurant you're thinking of is Chai Yo on Baggot St or Yo Thai in Donnybrook (essentially the same restaurant), they have the (karaoke singing!) chefs in the dining area!

I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick there ethO. Despite what many people think, sushi is not raw fish. It is rolled rice in a vinegar with fillings and can consist of many cooked ingredients like rice, egg, fish, chicken and veg. Sashimi on the other hand is not cooked and is raw fish.

The best sashimi I've had in Dublin has been in Chai Yo on Baggot st. They also have a teppanyaki grill.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've done the Aya 55 thing, and sometimes there can be a severe lack of nice sushi/sashimi/etc to enjoy in that timeframe. It can get a little dull watching the same dishes go round and round while you're waiting for the chef to put something new out.

I'd personally recommend just going there and eating away of the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm a big fan of sushi55 - myself and my gf go regularly :)

having said that - some days are much better than others - with more interesting and varied food/sushi going around

Advertisement