Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinnale PCTV 50e & Chorus

• 03-06-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am trying to get myself setup for the world cup and got hold of this TV Tuner card: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog+PVR+%28cable_antenna%29/PCTV+50e.htm

I also recently had Chorus Broadband installed to the house and have been testing the quality of the TV signal which is also on the same pipe (I am not paying for the channels but knew that the terrestrial channels would be available on the cable). The picture quality is quite good on all but RTE2, on which many horizontal lines are apparent across the screen (see attached images for comparison of RTE1 & 2 - horizontal lines not visible on RTE1). The image probably does not show the full extent of the interference, but it is quite annoying if trying to watch a match. On testing the channels I simply disconnected the cable from my cable modem and hooked it up to the TV Tuner input via an adaptor cable.

This may be a long shot but I don't know much about this stuff - does anyone know whether it is possible to somehow clean up the signal to remove such interference? I'm guessing the strength of the signal is fine so a booster would not make any difference?

Any advice appreciated,

jAH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

it depends on where the interference is coming from. Have you tried another PCI slot? It could be internal interference from the PC itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

well the tv tuner is external, its USB based and I have it sitting on top of the monitor... hmm I'll try moving it around

Advertisement