Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to manually open petrol door?

Options
  • 03-06-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hey,

This is a stupid question,but i have a 94 vw golf and i havnt a clue how to open the petrol door.There is no central locking in the car so the door does not open automatically.I've looked everywhere around the drivers seat for a lever.I even thought that by opening the boot the ,lil door would open.I checked the boot as well but no luck.Theres no key for the petrol door ,so wo ist the lever to open sesame!!!???
    Any ideas.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Well i know on the MarkIV model (99-03) its under the handbrake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

there is no lock on the 94 Golf petrol flap. just pull it open from the rear of the flap !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 006

greglo23 wrote:
    there is no lock on the 94 Golf petrol flap. just pull it open from the rear of the flap !!

THanks! :embarassed:...I was trying to pull it open from the other end,ive never had a car where it was opened from the other side:o

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

know how you feel, was driving an Audi A6, and searched high and low for the button, same as the MK3 Golf, just flip it open (granted it locks the flap through the central locking)

Advertisement