Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window falling into lobby Dunnes stores in Henry St

Options
  • 03-06-2006 3:41pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone actually see what happened? I saw the street was cordoned off, and the brother said that one of the upper level windows seal went and it fell in, supposedly from the heat today. I take this with a pinch of salt, someone would have had to be killed if it happened like that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Can't wait for the front page exposé on the Limerick Post? (And subsequent follow-on stories each and every week...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Jesus christ was anyone hurt? i wasnt even in liemrick today thank god....

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was wondering did someone exagerate them taking out a loose window for safety to that, but haven't heard anything, so mustn't have been serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

MarkR wrote:
    Did anyone actually see what happened? I saw the street was cordoned off, and the brother said that one of the upper level windows seal went and it fell in, supposedly from the heat today. I take this with a pinch of salt, someone would have had to be killed if it happened like that!

I would find that hard to believe as the temperature would not have been as high when the sun was shining on the henry street side of Dunnes as it would be when it was shining on the river side of the building. There was nothing untoward when I was down there this afternoon.

Well I did see them cordon off the area in front of dunnes, think it was about 1:30?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Yes it was all cordoned off this afternoon, and when it was reopened I passed down and saw that one of the upper level windows was gone. Something had obviously happened. They hadn't put anything in to replace it either, just left it wide open. very strange.

23/24º and rouads melt and windows star falling. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

just talking to one of the managers who works there. And he confirmed that it was the heat that cracked a pane of glass and to be safe they called the brigade to get it removed.

I thought that might be what happened, was thinking a controlled breaking rather than random accident.

Advertisement