Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrieving Contacts

• 03-06-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just switched from a Sharp GX25 on Voda to a Nokia 6280 on three, but was clever enough not to make a copy of all my contacts before the old SIM was deactivated - anyone any idea how to get my numbers from the old phone? (They're saved to the handset.)

Ta muchly

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

try a sim card copier. the 3 sim card won't work in it so get someone else's sim and copy it that way. it might not work though if the sim has been completely deactivated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

If the numbers are on your handset and the phone won't start because the sim has been deactivated then just borrow a friends voda sim, put it in the phone, start it and retrieve the numbers on the handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

Does the phone not at least turn on with the deactivated sim?

I know my Nokia 6630 will atleast turn on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

themole wrote:
    Does the phone not at least turn on with the deactivated sim?

I know my Nokia 6630 will atleast turn on.
    the 6630 has an offline mode built in. it'll turn on with no sim card in. i don't know if the 6280 has the same feature

Advertisement