Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Phone around at the moment?

• 03-06-2006 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey

Im just wondering what magic piece of electronics I should Invest in? any opinions/Ideas? am open to suggestions of all networks etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alfagt

Sim free, RTG or contract?

If Sim free:
    Nokia N80 for the tech specs, if ya can afford it.
    BenQ-Siemens EF81 for style and build quality (Even if its a bit of a Moto V3 rip off).
    SE K800i, which will soon be available, for the camera and great user interface.

They'd be my choice at the minute, but there's always a better phone round the corner......

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

Im on RTG but wouldnt mind moving to contract, was looking at the K800i alright, looks good
    Dont think im up for the commitment (ie dont have the cash) for a N80, lovely as they are and all
    must check out the other one now, thanks!

anyone had a K750i? would I be better taking the plunge with a K800i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i have a k750i and it is a brilliant phone. the only problem is the damn joystick plays up on them a bit, it doesnt always work the way you want it to.
    they say the k800 doesnt have this problem and with its very impressive camera id say it looks very good indeed or maybe the k790 which is the same phone without 3G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

At the moment from the operators, it would have to be the n70 its got a decent camera,symbian os 8.1 v2.8,220mhz processor,music player, only i find wrong with its got no wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd second N70. Had a quick play with the N80 today. It's very big, and the screen isn't that impressive. I was going to get it, and while the Wi-Fi is a nice touch, I can't see myself using it a lot on the phone itself, in the way I would with a 9500 or other PDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you dont need a camera the nokia e60 is the business, great screen, wifi, and great browser and no silder nonsense!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alfagt

Had an N70 myself, it's the pick of the current (paltry) range of voda phones. Camera is pretty good and the video quality is excellent for a phone. The only problem i had with it was that the keys were too small, especially for texting. Or maybe my hands are too big!!

The K750 is one of my all time favourites, still have it after a year. Its the perfect size and the photo quality is still top of the camera phone pile imo. Not to forget an excellent MP3 player and RDS radio too. If the K800 improves on that, it'll be some phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

So is the N70 really worth the bit extra? I'm currently looking at the 7370 but the only thing putting me off is the limited memory. I do like the techy bits on phones but i probably dont use them all that much except for recordings at concerts and a few pictures!

n70 has 100 times more functionality than any series 40 phone, but if you dont need it no point in getting it

personally i wont ever use a s40 phone again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

chrislad wrote:
    I'd second N70. Had a quick play with the N80 today. It's very big, and the screen isn't that impressive. I was going to get it, and while the Wi-Fi is a nice touch, I can't see myself using it a lot on the phone itself, in the way I would with a 9500 or other PDA.

Where did you get to play with the N80? Was it in a shop?

I have to say I found the N80's specs very tempting, the 352 x 416 pixels display is huge, what was wrong with the screen on the N80 you saw?

Also WiFi is useful to check emails, browse the web etc, especially if at home and dont want the high GPRS/3G data costs!

Did you have a chance to try out the camera?

Also this preview: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Nokia_N80_Review.php, makes the N80 look smaller than the N70 (slide closed), is it much thicker than the N70?

• Advertisement

yeah display would the clincher for me, only thing that id worry about is the slider durability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

its thicker then the n80, beginning to like the old e60 but the camera is putting me off hope they release the camera version!
    the k750i is out of date, full stop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the N80 is a smaller length than the N70 when closed... until you slide it open fully (in a 7650 kinda opening)...

[img]http:///deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/n80/n80_silver_front_closed_devices.ie.jpg[/img][img]http:///deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/n80/n80_silver_front_open_devices.ie.jpg[/img]

it is thicker than the N70 though (by 4.2mm)... form factor aside, spec wise the N80 is a better phone especially the 40MB internal memory and the extra features like WiFi (if those are extra features that would be made use of...) even though i preferred the silver the black model was nice...

[img]http:///deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/n80/n80_black_front_closed_devices.ie.jpg[/img][img]http:///deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/n80/n80_black_front_open_devices.ie.jpg[/img]

Advertisement