Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Switching Help

• 03-06-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

I'm stuck in limbo everyone!

Here is my story....

I have a SonyEricsson V600i mobile which I bought from Vodafone in December. I love the phone but didnt love Vodafone so the other day I asked for my Network Unblocking Key because I wanted to switch to Meteor.
    Vodafone gave me the Unblock Key and instructions of what to do, over the phone.
    The next day I popped my new Meteor sim into it and rang Meteor to ask could I keep my number and of course could they now take me onto their network. They said it would take 2 to 4 hours for the phone to switch over but almost 2 days later I still have no network.

I have rang Meteor and they have told me that everyhting is fine and the sim and my account are fine too. They are right - I tried my Meteor sim on a phone bought from meteor and it worked fine but once it was put into my Sony Ericsson it wouldnt work. All that is on the screen besides the wallpaper and stuff is "No Access to Network".
    The funny thing is, I can log onto My Meteor on www.meteor.ie and can send webtexts and stuff as if I trult am on Meteor. Meanwhile I cannot do anything with Vodafone - I am no longer with them at all.
    Not only can I use my account on My Meteor but I can also recieve texts to my phone from time to time but I cannt send them from my phone nor can I make or recieve a call.

Meteor have said that my handset (SonyEricsson V600i bought from Vodafone) is the problem. But I unblocked it properly I'm sure and the guy in the Meteor store even saw the phone and handled it and didnt say anything along the lines of "oh that wont work with meteor" so I presumed it was fine for use on Meteor as long as I unlocked it.
    The phone was almost €200 to buy and I don;t have the money for a new or sim free phone and I have no spare phone either.

Can anyone tell me what to do or help me out in anyway because I need my phone working all the time and at the moment I'm stuck in limbo - with a network (Meteor) but yet I can only use it from my computer on the web and not the phone itself!!!)

Thanks for taking the time to read it, I realise this post was a bit long.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

are you sure sure sure that you unblocked your phone right???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

check the network settings and change it to gsm. if its set to look for 3g signal it won't work. the phone is unlocked because it would just say "sim rejected" or something like that if it was locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

All that is on screen instead of "meteor" is "no access to network".

I made sure I switched it to GSM mode and not 3G.
    The Meteor customer service representative said that it was coming up on here computer or whatever it was, as unlocked....

Advertisement