Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else finding it hard to study?

Options
  • 03-06-2006 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Anybody else finding it hard to study these days. Especially with the warm weather. I'm not getting anything done! Just talking about it. Is this just me? I feel like I should be doing way more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hehehe, you know it's not only you - when I'm around :D I was in maths grinds this morning, thats all Iv'e done, plan on getting 3 hours in each day till wednesday though. The weather is annoying though! It's savage outside :( And I'm stuck in here playing video games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Dont worry ur not alone! just take a book out the garden and sit in the sun while revising. it helps :) i hope its raining from wed on lol.. as the sun attracts wasps! and if one cums in durin the exam i will actually run out of the room :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

nvm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

nvm
    what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

NADA wrote:
    what?
    He meant "not very much". Though I agree with you main point about people who use those stupid language things. Inconsiderate lazy fools.
    Got about 5 hours done today but that was only cause i got up early, so I had the afternnon to sunbathe naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i think i may be allergic....

He meant "not very much". Though I agree with you main point about people who use those stupid language things. Inconsiderate lazy fools.
    Got about 5 hours done today but that was only cause i got up early, so I had the afternnon to sunbathe naked.

He prolly actually meant "nevermind" maybe he typed something, decided against posting it, and didnt know he could delete his post? anyway, I dont care, deffo gonna study maths and english tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

It is hard to study these days! Usually I do about 3 hours a day, but then the summer came on thursday. I did nothing on thursday, 5 hours on friday, about 3 and a half today, but I should be doing more I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

my problem isnt so much that i cant study(although i do have that problem!)its way more the problem of WHAT to study??i mean im scared to study english(even though i havent even started the comparative or lear) because i know thats all ill bring myself to do on monday and tuesday(even though i hav a maths class in school on tuesday!!!wtf??!!)and i should be doin business and french but i cant because there so far away in relation to other subjects!!anyone else having this problem?any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ya i cant study either. went playin football yesterday, got sunburnt and possibly broke my finger catchin a ball. fortunately it was my bad hand. so today im in no mood 4 study.

• Advertisement

whassupp2 wrote:
    fortunately it was my bad hand.

Dont you mean unfortunately :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I tried to study some Irish poems there but keep feeling like I'm going to get sick again.

It's too hot
    I'm dying
    I've hayfever
    All I can hear is the sound of summer funness [yes, funness] outside.

Just about 13 more days...13 more days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm not getting too much done today. All I'm doing from now until Wednesday is Maths & Irish....I have q.2-5 on paper 1 of the maths & poetry & some king lear to do....but I think my brain can't take anymore, even though I haven't done that much today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Yeah, i'm concentrating full on English tomorrow and tuesday. I haven't learnt the quotes so that'll keep me occupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

I have a lot of study to do starting monday...
    Thats if God blesses us with bad weather

Iv'e put all my study off each day........ Now I have loads to do tomorrow :( Hopefully the work I put in throughout the year will help me in the end :) Just revise notes, and sample answers, essays etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i took today off. it wasn't intentional, it just....happened!! finding it really hard to study when there's so many other more important things i could be doing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

i took today off. it wasn't intentional, it just....happened!! finding it really hard to study when there's so many other more important things i could be doing :D
    So did I.I got up at 1pm (was out all night) and said "I'll study later,its too hot now" So I went out and played football...and arrived home at 10:30...Oh how annoying it is for a lot of your friends to have done 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

haha, i thought i was the only one thank god! ive got between one and three hours done the last few days-terrible i know but i jus get so tired after that nothng goes in! and living beside the beach doesnt help ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I've had so many distractions this weekend. Nearly all my brothers and sisters are home because of the bank holiday and my house is like a train station with people coming and going. My brother got his new car so i had to take that for a test drive on saturday and this weather hasn't helped things either.

• Advertisement

I took yesterday(sunday)off too. its monday morning now. Yay I wasn't alone. Felt like a waster and scared of underachieving! Abercromies countdown timer (now at two days) made me cringe.!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

NADA wrote:
    Abercromies countdown timer (now at two days) made me cringe.!
    Yeah I hate that thing (sorry Aber :p:D ). She should change it to something like d4gurl's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I've done about 3 hours a day for teh last few weeks. Dunno how successful it was though.

If anyone wants to get in a summery mood, put on What's Goin' On? by Marvin Gaye.

Unbelievable.

Cant study for more than 20mins at home :( I'll BS my wa through english like I did in the mock, but I'm trying to concentrate on passing maths paper1!

Cant study for more than 20mins at home :( I'll BS my wa through english like I did in the mock, but I'm trying to concentrate on passing maths paper1!
    Not a bad plan! I got some maths studied this morning but it still could be going better. I'm going to do irish and English now shortly.

Advertisement