Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a new case!

Options
  • 03-06-2006 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭

Got a new iCute case for my PC from Maplins today, and spent a happy hour and a half swapping the bits from my old case over.

Never realised how much accessories you can get for cooling, lighting etc!

I saw a control panel for controlling the fans,tt_hardcano13_1.jpg
    I have no real need for one, but I want one!

anyone know of nice looking ones in black? (I realise how silly this sounds!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Akasa do a few, as well as Coolermaster and their Aerogate series.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does anyone really care about cooling, or is it just to look cool (no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

colm_mcm wrote:
    does anyone really care about cooling, or is it just to look cool (no pun intended)

You ask that question on a forum populated by overclockers?

Pretty new to all this stuff! Just googled Overclocking, It's all starting to make sense now.....

got a fairly basic case 49050i0.jpg but I like it because it's completely plain, and ideal for cutting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

the best front panel thing that i have seen is from aerocool. pretty unknown here in ireland. i picked up one of the cases from a shop while on holidays in portugal :) .. this front panel is quite hard to find but some of the english companys do it (expesnive too) but i would say its well worth it..

http://www.aerocool.us/p-peripheral/powerwatch/powerwatch.html

• Advertisement

wow RazielDoomgate, that looks amazing, I've also got this one in mind

mlcdon.gif

I'm guessing they will both be fairly expensive, and it's a little sad that I'm picking them because of the way they look! but I NEED one!

Must have a look and see what's availible locally too. Any rough idea as to how much your one would cost?

wow RazielDoomgate, that looks amazing, I've also got this one in mind

mlcdon.gif

seems to be fairly thin too so possibly mountable in lots of places?

mboxcontents.gif

I'm guessing they will both be fairly expensive, and it's a little sad that I'm picking them because of the way they look! but I NEED one!

Must have a look and see what's availible locally too. Any rough idea as to how much your one would cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JakTheHat

Cooling is very important. Excessive heat can cause undue wear and tear on your components eventually resulting in total system failure. Airflow is very important inside your case. As for the control panels, they are not as necessary. It is nice to see what your temperatures are but unless you are overclocking or modifying your computer you dont really need to know this information. On the other hand because of the fact that you have just bought a new case and are looking at control panels you seem to have been bitten by the modding bug. From here on in it is all a matter of personal taste. If you like to have lights in your case then you will fit them. If you like to have a plain aluminium case with little or no decorations then you will go down that route. There is no limit to what you can do to personalise your computer. Whether you fit lights or windows or chop your case to smithereens in an effort to make it your personal creation. Or if you go down the route of adding more and more performance parts to make it faster and more powerful. You are now part of the modding community. The possibilities are endless. If you like control panels then go for it. It is a good place to start.

It's all so exciting! bought some coolermaster blue LED fans, including one large one for the side. PC Worls doesn't have too much of that kind of stuff, a trip to Maplins is on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Pictures dammit :)

• Advertisement

that's strange, pictures on my post don't show up using Internet Explorer, but work fine with Firefox.....

Advertisement