Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El table after series 1 +1

• 03-06-2006 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

P W D L F A Pts
    Drogheda U 11 8 2 1 12 2 26
    Cork City 12 7 3 2 14 6 24
    Derry City 10 7 2 1 15 4 23
    Shelbourne 11 6 4 1 18 10 22
    St Pat's A 11 5 5 1 15 6 20

Sligo Rvrs 11 3 5 3 10 12 14
    Dublin City 12 4 2 6 8 13 14
    Bohemians 12 4 1 7 12 14 13
    UCD 11 3 2 6 11 11 11
    Longford Tn 10 1 4 5 6 10 7
    Bray Wndrs 11 1 3 7 6 23 6
    Waterford U 12 0 3 9 6 22 3

Waterford look doomed but no relegation so are they really? other 3 should stay as is. Middle is as expected with Sligo winning at home and losing away cant see that changing. Bohs and Dublin City should trade places soon enough. Whether Pats can keep up with the top 4 is debateable but fixture man certainly likes us this season (top 4 at home twice) with our home form and the fact we have nearly scored as many as last season doing us in good stead so far but we really need to get something from our top 4 away games this series. If our best 11 stays fit which it hasnt lately but luckily our games have been vs lower teams.

Shels starting to hit good form but still a best 11 is only known by the fans. Drogs will run out of 1-0s eventually they play a dour game and soon enough will drop points due to other teams out-douring them. Cork still in there and altho not on fire they picking up points and well capable of more. The only team so far who need another player would be them. Others just theres fit would be nice.

Derry imo will win the league but seem to be blowing hot and cold and dropped 2 last night that they really shouldnt have.

Anyone see the league changing much this series? Happy with your teams so far?

For top scorer altho it will be Byrne i really hope Molloy gets close, his application since joining us is nothing short of perfection and so far hes player of the season by a mile..

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
    Kildare County 0-3 Dundalk

Hopefully this will be the start of something , with two wins ina row now. we need to start pushing now 9 points behind first place.

For once the div 1 is actually interesting and they go and make it no promotion....

the ironing is delicous.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cant disagree with much of that. The top 5 will stay the same, but a bold prediction from me states that Drogs will finsih 4th, City will win the league at home to Shels on Nov 11th with a game to spare, and Derry will finsih 2nd.

City are due to sign a few players in July, and an early exit from the CL will actullay help the league charge.

Im entirely happy with my lot at present anyway, considering the level of performance so far.

gimmick wrote:
    Cant disagree with much of that. The top 5 will stay the same, but a bold prediction from me states that Drogs will finsih 4th, City will win the league at home to Shels on Nov 11th with a game to spare, and Derry will finsih 2nd.

City are due to sign a few players in July, and an early exit from the CL will actullay help the league charge.

Im entirely happy with my lot at present anyway, considering the level of performance so far.

But your alone in that considering most Cork fans epitome of doom, i can see what you need Rico ...well maybe he doesnt ...most EL fans can see what you need. And Tbh your possibly winging it atm but still getting the points. Most years Pats play with 3 or 4 short of greatness and struggle your playing with 2 short of greatness and 2nd :D

Not a bad position to be in, just hope the fans get behind the team....shame we intend to make it 6 out 6 (in last 2) on our visit there :)

/i was talking to a few players after our game with Drogs....Honestly i can say they did not deserve to win like really...the players felt the same too and knew what had to be done to get 3 off them next time. Sad as it is its like Chelsea but in ireland :)

kdjac

^ To be fair Kdjac, you are reading the ccfc forum far too much, where its all doom and gloom, always. Most City fans I know are very positive as to our chances of retaining the title.

As for winging it, so be it. Fact remains, points are on the board.

gimmick wrote:
    ^ To be fair Kdjac, you are reading the ccfc forum far too much, where its all doom and gloom, always. Most City fans I know are very positive as to our chances of retaining the title.

As for winging it, so be it. Fact remains, points are on the board.

Not really when you played us there was a few Cork fans there and they voiced their Boos quite loudly.

Cant really argue with away fans now can you ?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

As a Shels fan im not at all happy with our start and im not in the least bit confident about regaining the title!

As you said kdjac,only our fans seem to know our best 11(personally i think our best 11,is any 11 without Kearney)

I think Derry will win it,Shels will finished 2nd,Pats in 3rd and Cork in 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

I think Bohs will move up the table in time while Pats may fade.

finnpark wrote:
    I think Bohs will move up the table in time while Pats may fade.

If Armstrong Foley and Caffrey werent all back training the 1st 2 after a year out, i would agree with you. We missing players atm but have 3 weeks till next game all those 3 will be available to play. Feel sorry for Johnny mac :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Anto McC wrote:
    As you said kdjac,only our fans seem to know our best 11

What changes would you have made to Friday night's team? Ryan in for Baker? Apart from that we were at our strongest.

Though give Joey another couple of late runs first before he's back in the starting XI. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Joey in the centre when fit (alongside the coming-back-to-form Stuey we'd have an unstoppable pairing!), Ryan in for Baker, and it'd look a bit better alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Zebra3 wrote:
    What changes would you have made to Friday night's team? Ryan in for Baker? Apart from that we were at our strongest.

I wouldnt have Scouse playing for a start!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

KdjaC wrote:
    If Armstrong Foley and Caffrey werent all back training the 1st 2 after a year out, i would agree with you. We missing players atm but have 3 weeks till next game all those 3 will be available to play. Feel sorry for Johnny mac :)

kdjac

It looks like Farellely will be gone soon although I think he should be given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

I think Bohs have been as bad as they possibly could get, and should start a slow recovery after the break. Nothing spectacular, mind you.
    Fourth (and a Setanta place) is a distant target, but not impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The league is going more or less as I expected. Interestingly I think I was the only person on the pre-season prediction thread who predicted Drogheda for the title this season, so it'd be nice to be proved right. :)

I predicted Bohs would come 5th this season and I still believe they can do that. No higher tho.

I'm still in two minds about Farrely. I'd be joining the Boo-boys looking to get rid him but I don't believe theres anyone available who could do a better job with whats there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thankfully waterford and bray are so poor at present. Longford are really falling to pieces atm. Matthews insists on playing on with this 4141 formation that has done **** all. Murphy should be left at home he gets caught in posession far to much making very basic errors. Myler is about as much use as a liferaft made out of a string vest!

Mooney is about the only highlight at the moment in an otherwise poor season. I read somewhere bohs are interested in Matthews?! They must be really desperate at the moment!!

Thankfully waterford and bray are so poor at present. Longford are really falling to pieces atm. Matthews insists on playing on with this 4141 formation that has done **** all. Murphy should be left at home he gets caught in posession far to much making very basic errors. Myler is about as much use as a liferaft made out of a string vest!

Mooney is about the only highlight at the moment in an otherwise poor season. I read somewhere bohs are interested in Matthews?! They must be really desperate at the moment!!
    I don't think we're that desperate. But the Longford Leader (can't link) apparently does.

KdjaC wrote:
    Disgraceful. I hope the punch-thrower is banned.

^ Where was there a punch thown? ive watched it twice and saw nothing?

Diggers sending off looked harsh enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

gimmick wrote:

I assume its 48 seconds in, to the left of the security guard in the illuminous green jacket.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:

If you take off your sunglasses you'll see better. :D
    Twat with the jumper in his hand. Needless to say, he is not wearing Bohs colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Damn the two week break!!! i think we are going to hit a lovely bit of form now, as our team is just starting to gel together! Bohs away is our next game and i reckon we can sneak 3 points against them after their performance against us earlier on this season.

Here's Hoping for the Bit o' Red

oh and BBT

Advertisement