Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyones Asthma acting up?

• 03-06-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

My Asthma is normally fine, never had an attack etc.. but some times I get a bit weezey and have to take my inhaler.

However I think the weather at the moment is messing it up, anyone else having this?

I have a dry cough too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Yeah mine is and i thought it was just me and stress. Seems the hotter it gets the harder it is to breathe. Particularly bad in the evening.
    The grass cutting is also getting to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Thanks for reply, it was making me very auxois

You're welcome.

If you have a preventative inhaler, use it religiously as directed. I was being lackadasical about using mine in the mornings and afternoons and only used it at night when i remembered it.

If you dont have one, talk to your GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"summer smog"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

My asthma got really bad last summer (about this time) so I went to my gp because I was worried about it. Turns out I had Hhayfever which was effecting my asthma. (although I had no other symtoms of hayfever) Went on some Neoclarityn and all my weazing went! It was great! So today I've started back on them again as I was starting to use my inhlaler more..I'm fine now though. So if it keeps up go to your pharmacist and see what they think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

While I don't suffer from it majorly, I would always recommend, from my own and my family experience, that every asthma sufferer carry their inhaler with them at this time of year, if you don't carry it already. As I said, I don't suffer from it majorly, and I never carry an inhaler. Except during the summer. That grass is a bitch!

Bizarely enough, my asthma only gets bad during the winter. I get hayfever fairly badly, but my chest stays alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

i think i might go to the doctor tomorrow and get something extra for it, i have a cough which seems to be setting it off, makes me panic

Thats the best course of action.
    I remember having a cough and it setting of the asthma. I went to the doc and he gave me stuff to clear the cough, and nothing for the asthma (though i do have a preventative).

I find now that i'm using the preventative properly, I dont use the Ventolin as much and even with a cough its fine.

So definitely talk to your GP as its worrying you. Panicing over the cough setting it off, could also be setting it off so try to relax a little until you see the doc. Carry your inhaler with you and dont let it in the sun, or in a car as its pressurised and can explode.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In my case not asthma, but an extreme form of hayfever.
    Last night and again this evening I have very painful swollen corneas and iris's, it feels really painful- almost as though you have sand in your eyes.
    I used to get this a lot as a kid, but as it had not occurred in a few years, thought I had grown out of it.
    Off to my doc for a steroid shot tomorrow morning :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement