Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica play complete Master Of Puppets album live

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

They finally did what I thought they'd never do: play Orion live.

And who was that guy singing with them at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

That was Jerry Cantrell, guitarist of Alice in Chains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Aard wrote:
    And who was that guy singing with them at some stage?

Did you miss his introduction?

I'm so happy I heard Disposable Heroes, Orion and Leper Messiah live.
    Deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Did you miss his introduction?
    Yes, and not an AIC fan.

I sometimes wonder why everybody shouts for Whiskey at the end :\ . Ok so they did a cover of some Irish Trad, but am I the only one who wouldn't miss it?

I don't even like the song ! I knew they would play it and when they did I made my way to the exit, and thhe second Seek and Destroy was over I left. I was dying to hear Whiplash or something else from Kill Em' All other than Seek and Destroy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Class concert.

End of :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I sometimes wonder why everybody shouts for Whiskey at the end :\ . Ok so they did a cover of some Irish Trad, but am I the only one who wouldn't miss it?

Nah, I dont get the whiskey obsession either. Good song and all as it is, I came to see Metallica, not a cover, of a cover.

Anyway, Master of Puppets. OMFG, I was floored. Funny how the black stuff sounded so poor after playing puppets. No RTL which is a shame.

But holy bejasus, MOP from front to back. They even played it well, except for lar's weak double bass efforts.

11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Aard wrote:

No, I wouldn't miss it either. good version of a good song but there's other things I'd prefer to hear.

That said, it was a great gig, thoroughly enjoyable. did anyone notice the booing early in the set when James introduced Lars Ulrich? :p:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

I have to say I had the time of my life last night!!! Out of the 3 Talica gigs Ive been to it was the best, can't believe they played all of Puppets!! Amazing..... The tallica guys all seemed in top form, thought it was very cool when Jaymz brought out Cali and got us to sing Happy Birthday.... :D

Pity Korn cancelled but was delighted to see AIC on main stage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

great ****in gig man...pity security had no idea how to handle a metal gig and a lot of ppl got hurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Didnt think it was the best.Thought the 1st gig was better. Didnt like the new song. I actually left the pit at that stage cause I lost interest.
    2 things that keep bugging me about it.
    1. Anyone else notice that the front pit has alot of kids in it? People werent really going mad except 4 the main parts of songs. I was going mental the whole time and people were getting pissed off with me (****em).
    2 Did James and Lars look kinda old 2 anyone else? I know there gettin on in years and it doesnt affect the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

They are in their mid 40's I would be worried if they didnt look old!

man im a half their age and cant play puppets a quarter as good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I thoguth it was good, the songs they played before Master of Puppets didnt really do that much for me.

But the album live, it was f**king class! Battery,disposable heroes live. Class :D

All in all though it was good, but does anyone else think that James should stop kinda... I dont know,trying to be funny or whatever.

I think the main word in the last line there would be "Trying". What happend to all of the abuse he gave the crowd ? That was funny ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Animal gig, seen them every time since they played in the top hat and yesterday was one of the best. Pity they cudnt turn it up louder tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

that was an amazing performance by metallica.
    was a pity about korn....i was looking forward to seeing them too.
    anyone know what happened? apparently jonathan davis fell through a window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

apparently jonathan davis fell through a window?

No...
    Here is a letter that Jonathon wrote to fans:
    Jonathan wrote:
    "Hey everybody,
    I am writing this to thank everyone who called, or e-mailed me the past few days, believe me, they have been some of the scariest days of my life.
    This is the short version of what happened. I started getting these wierd bruises all over my body about two weeks ago. I was getting very weak after the shows so I saw a doctor in London on Friday. He took some blood tests and when the results came in they rushed me to the hospital.
    It turned out I have ITP. It's too hard to spell, but bascially it's a blood infection where because of an allergic reaction, I had some mediacation, my blood platelets, the stuff my bone marrow produces to help my blood clot, were really low. I mean, way low. Most humans have between 140 and 400 in their cells. I had 5... no joke... FIVE. If I continued to headbang on stage I could have had a brain hemorrhage and dropped dead on the spot.
    My doctors ordered me to remain at the hospital until they could get my blood in some healthy shape.

I want to thank the doctors, nurses and staff at The London Clinic, all the singers who performed with the band at the Donington festival: Corey from Slipknot/Stone Sour, Dez from DevilDriver, Jesse from 10 Years, Benji from Skindred, Shadows from Advenged Sevenfold, and Matt from Trivim. I want to thank my band and crew for all their love and support, my loving family and friends and most of all the fans, the best fans in the world.
    The doctors are telling me that each day I've been here in hospital my platelet count has been going up and I should be healthly to play in a few weeks. The doctors have cleared me to walk around a bit but I am unable to perform a show or travel right now. They will know more in a day or two but I want everyone to know that we will do our very best to come back soon to play dates we are unable to play this tour.
    Thank you,
    Love Jonathan"

jesus! hopefully he will get better!

daiixi wrote:
    I have to say great day yesterday by the bands but a poor effort by the crowd.

Seriously, what's with turning up to the main stage after Metallica started playing and they trying to push to the front? Also the people who would push past towards the front, then come back, then push past again going back to the front?!?!

Don't even get me started on the kids who were pissing into empty beer cups and flinging them at the crowd, fighting or the fecker who thought he could take advantage of there being so many people and rub himself against me (and then got insulted when I whacked him one).

Absolutely disgusting behaviour!

thats the downside to concerts daiixi, you always get muppets like that. where i watching metallica wasnt too bad, just to the right of the stage. now if i saw a kid pissing into a cup and throwing i would of decked the little shít!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

thats the downside to concerts daiixi, you always get muppets like that. where i watching metallica wasnt too bad, just to the right of the stage. now if i saw a kid pissing into a cup and throwing i would of decked the little shít!

Such a pity that behaviour like that gets "thats the downside to concerts" attitude... I've been to plenty of concerts and not come across behaviour like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭raheny red

apparently jonathan davis fell through a window?

:D

I was doing security and it was a Metalica fan who fell through a greenhouse after running along the toilet roof (right hand side of the stage). He then jumped off the building and broke his leg/dislocated something?! Funniest thing I have ever seen in my life :p:):):):)

Fooking BEST gig they have played in Dublin since I saw them in the point on their black album tour back in 1992.

I wonder if Rob actually meant it when he said it was the best gig he ever played?!? I cant help thinking that when bands say that its laid on with a trowel but their soakage of adoration from the fans after the gig suggested to me they did REALLY enjoy it and appreciated how good they have it when they play in Dublin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sizzler wrote:
    I wonder if Rob actually meant it when he said it was the best gig he ever played?!?
    I'm pretty sure he said one of the best ;)

Orion live was the greatest thing ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Didnt like the new song

Thought they didn't play any new songs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Fozzy wrote:
    Thought they didn't play any new songs?

they didn't play a new song,so i don't know what he is saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

T'was good.
    Atleast I know it was just me, when I whined about it being sub-par.

I though that Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica were all excellent. Hearing Master of Puppets live was amazing. It's a shame Alice in Chains only played five songs. I was really looking forward to seeing them and figured that once they were bumped to the main stage they would get 45 minutes to an hour on stage.

The only down side to the entire day was when some junkie mugged me on the way home. He had a syringe in his right hand and a bottle in the other. He grabbed me by the neck and searched my pockets. I only had 10 euro, my phone and discman in my pockets, when he discovered this he broke the bottle and held the jagged edge under my chin. He searched my bag, inside of which I had some DVDs, about 300 euros worth of CDs and a book. He threw the DVDs across a wall, looked through the CDs and asked if I “had any tunes”. When I told him no he threw them over the wall. In the end he ended up getting my wallet, which had 60 euros in it and my phone, but didn't bother with the CDs or DVDs.

........the only down side to the entire day was when some junkie mugged me on the way home. He had a syringe in his right hand and a bottle in the other. He grabbed me by the neck and searched my pockets. I only had 10........

Where did this happen?

• Advertisement

I though that Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica were all excellent. Hearing Master of Puppets live was amazing. It's a shame Alice in Chains only played five songs. I was really looking forward to seeing them and figured that once they were bumped to the main stage they would get 45 minutes to an hour on stage.

The only down side to the entire day was when some junkie mugged me on the way home. He had a syringe in his right hand and a bottle in the other. He grabbed me by the neck and searched my pockets. I only had 10 euro, my phone and discman in my pockets, when he discovered this he broke the bottle and held the jagged edge under my chin. He searched my bag, inside of which I had some DVDs, about 300 euros worth of CDs and a book. He threw the DVDs across a wall, looked through the CDs and asked if I “had any tunes”. When I told him no he threw them over the wall. In the end he ended up getting my wallet, which had 60 euros in it and my phone, but didn't bother with the CDs or DVDs.
    Fooking scumbag. You would be tempted to go after him from behind and bounce his head off the pavement and see how he likes that ;) Sad thing is he was prob so fooked in the head he wouldnt even feel it :mad:

Advertisement