Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica play complete Master Of Puppets album live

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭deadfingers

Hey a little of the point but how many people would the RDS hold? I have heard mixed reports from 15k to 50k.

Also Darko sorry to hear about what happened you on your way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hey a little of the point but how many people would the RDS hold? I have heard mixed reports from 15k to 50k.

Also Darko sorry to hear about what happened you on your way home.
    afaik about 45 thousand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭raheny red

afaik about 45 thousand.

Yep that's about right, I heard there was about 44,000 there and on the Friday night at the Guns 'n' Roses gig there wer 36,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Thats a healthy sized crowd :D

LOL at the cheek of them still calling themselves GNR ! Axl is the only punter left from original band ! All that touring must have hurt his brain ;)

Where did this happen?

It happened near Rialto. I was staying with a friend who lives in the cottages. He grabbed me just as I was walking past the Luas stop there, it's the one just after St. James. He was off his head, his eyes were pin points.

Thanks to all those who offered their best. I seriously believed that he was going to stab me. What really bugs me about the whole incident is the fact that I met James Hetfield and there was a photo of me and him saved in my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Orion live was the greatest thing ever!

'twas rather good, wasn't it. Damage Inc. after it was superb as well I thought, they really hit their stride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Great gig last Sunday,cant wait for them to comeback!

Strange thing is i wouldnt exactly consider myself a massive fan of thier but that was my 4th time seeing them and that was the best by far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Leper Messiah was so very savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

What really bugs me about the whole incident is the fact that I met James Hetfield and there was a photo of me and him saved in my phone.

thats doulbley sickening but feel lucky all the same. hope the concert is still a good memory for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

check this guy crowdsurf on youtube during whiskey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=strC-vaJjFI&search=metallica%20dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

He had a syringe in his right hand and a bottle in the other. He grabbed me by the neck and searched my pockets.

Not making light of it - but did he drop one of his weapons - or did he have three arms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I thought all the other bands were very poor in fact the only song worthwhile for me was the panthera cover. Playin the whole master album cover to cover was so amazin man i love orion but hearin it live like that was unreal!!!

Only downside to it was the pyro stuff. Was it just me or did it seem like they had ALOT more impressive stuff in 04??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

check this guy crowdsurf on youtube during whiskey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=strC-vaJjFI&search=metallica%20dublin

lol, bit of a muppet :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Parsley wrote:
    Leper Messiah was so very savage.

Especially when Hetfeild snoted himself on stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

oh yeah forgot that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I thought that was weird to see actually, 'cause you never really see it happening only the very rare time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Snoted himself? Explain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

My knowlege of Dublinese: Snotted himself = fell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

They were playin leper messiah and towards the end of the bridge section (i.e. no lyrics), the Het legged it back to a microphone but slipped as he reached it. lots of ppl didnt notice it cos its a great song n most ppl were moshin away. Anyway he said thanks for not laughin at me or sumthin like that. he didnt hit the deck, just slid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nu uh, he slippied, but gracefully caught his balance before he got hurt.
    So he only really fell to his knees and caught the mic stand for balance.

But from where I was, everyone laughed. But not in a distasteful way. He saw the joke anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Thatguyeoin

Metallica were brilliant, best ive seem them in ireland! the titty cam thing the camera guys had goin inbetween acts was hilarious! and yer man taking a piss! lmfao! Did anyone else think whisky was a bit stupid? it seemed only half the crowd really wanted it, and it really didnt seem lke the band wanted to play it! I mean are they gonna have to play it every time they come here? was last time not enuf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Did anyone else think whisky was a bit stupid? it seemed only half the crowd really wanted it, and it really didnt seem lke the band wanted to play it!
    Well, I guess they feel obliged to play it. I would've replaced Seek n Destroy though, they closed with it in 2004 as well, I had my hopes high to hear Whiplash. Ah well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My knowlege of Dublinese: Snotted himself = fell

Ah right... I thought he sneezed out a big greener all over himself during the song! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Well, I guess they feel obliged to play it. I would've replaced Seek n Destroy though, they closed with it in 2004 as well, I had my hopes high to hear Whiplash. Ah well :(

I was shouting whiplash instead of whisky!!but it didn't catch on,that would be some set closer whiplash and then seek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Metallica were brilliant, best ive seem them in ireland! the titty cam thing the camera guys had goin inbetween acts was hilarious! and yer man taking a piss! lmfao! Did anyone else think whisky was a bit stupid? it seemed only half the crowd really wanted it, and it really didnt seem lke the band wanted to play it! I mean are they gonna have to play it every time they come here? was last time not enuf?

Well you have to remember that they got (what I thought was) a lot of very bad-natured reaction (some boo-ing, etc) from the crowd when they were here three years ago and said they couldn't play it. Can never please everyone, though.

i thought the crowd seemed for the most part into it. i not a big fan of the song meself but its defo one song that everyone seems to know the words n really gets behind. as far as i know metallica like it too (they did release it afer all!) n no band can deny the buzz that kind of crowd enthuasiam gives

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Not making light of it - but did he drop one of his weapons - or did he have three arms?

He grabbed me with his left hand in which he was holding the bottle. When he broke the bottle he dropped the syringe.

Advertisement