Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher History.....HELP

Options
  • 03-06-2006 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Ok I really need help.

I did the stoopid higher project thing so I have to do higher exam now......I'm well ****ed.

Haven't opened a book......i know, don't preach I'm a fool :eek:

Basically what topics should I at least look over

Any help appreciated.....also how long has this site been up, nifty :)

Thankies....if you reply about the history

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

What four topics are you covering? just learn 2-3 from each topic (nation states, dictatorship and democracy, sovereignty and partition etc...)

I have the 4 different folens books covering each topic, I know AT LEAST one topic v. well, and 2 or 3 more not so good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

im in a similar situation, just going to learn the case studies & backrounds... and hope for the best! judging from the state sample paper il most prob get a question

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

blahhh wrote:
    Ok I really need help.

I did the stoopid higher project thing so I have to do higher exam now......I'm well ****ed.

What do you mean?? You wrote it into one of these pink answer books or you had the essay done for HL??
    In my school everyone wrote it into a pink answer book, so if it's only that.. calm down... everything is ok.. you can still do pass... otherwise as everyone else said.. just concentrate on case studies...

I got 41% in mock, 57% in second mock, (did about 2-3weeks ago) and hopefully push it to 60%+ in actual exam :) (not counting my decent enough research topic report) I am quite confident for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

so if I did the project in higher... I can do the exam in pass???

Are you sure now...... because loads of my friends said I can't..

• Advertisement

blahhh wrote:
    so if I did the project in higher... I can do the exam in pass???

Are you sure now...... because loads of my friends said I can't..

it cannot be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

^^ ahh I thought as much.....oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Learn the case studies on your 4 topics well and learn the economic/domestic stuff of said topics.

If your doing topic 2 Europe,make sure you know Bismarck.

Se&#225 wrote: »
    i really really think you can still do pass. tomorrow ask the examiner, she should have an idea whats the deal. but a guy in my class did an "honours" paper but my teacher told him after it was sent in to do pass.. so id say its possible

You cant do it man, the research study thing is as much the exam as the written paper, and counts for 20% ffs, you cant drop down to pass after ALREADY submitting 20% of the higher paper. In fairness, you can still do the pass paper, but your throwing away 20% straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

You can drop. It wouldn't be fair otherwise. Pass do a research topic as well. They just take into consideration that you've dropped and don't mind the extra word count that you had done for Higher. Ask the examiner just in case, but I'm pretty sure you can drop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eily

you can do the ordinary exam even though you did a Higher RSR. You can't however do an ordinary project and go up to higher. The only difference between higher and ordinary projects is word length and number of sources. Either way, your covered for ordinary level so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thanks for dragging up a year old thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

eily wrote:
    Either way, your covered for ordinary level so don't worry.
    I'm sure he didn't.... 10 months ago....

Thanks for dragging up a year old thread...

Person might still need help though. And lots of other people would be in the same situation.

Best dragging up on threads than creating new ones needlessly.

It's not the end of the world if you drop down the pass. I did Higher history up until the day of the exam and then dropped down. Got an A1 in pass, whereas (after seeing the paper afterwards) I would have failed with Higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

you can do the research for higher and do the pass paper alright, and have the marks counted from research. well according to my teacher anyway.

Advertisement