Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U'll be fine

• 04-06-2006 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

To everyone doing state exams and the Bac (thats you George) I want to wish you the very best of luck.

Just finished my finals recently and if I've learned anything its that pancing only makes things a whole lot worse. The secret it to stay positive and u'll be fine.

Best of luck to those returning to DCU this summer,

Bertie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Bertie ya lad how the hell are ya?

Of course we'll be fine we're all talented and such malarky.Cheers for the good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Thank you deary! *hugs and never stops* Your so lovely, though I know I'm going to **** up because I'm evidently on the net when I should be studying. Love ya ya lovely ting ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh Bertie you are such a sweetheart, thanks for the good luck :)

Good luck also to all ctyiers soing the aul' JC/LC this year, my thoust'll be with you when I'm panicing during whatever subjects I've forgotten to study for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Cheers Bertie! Hoping I won't be needing to rely on luck though!

To anyone else doing the state exams, Douglas Adams said it best: Don't Panic! You'll be grand, this is where all the work pays off. Just take it easy and get them out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Raphael wrote:
    all the work

Ahahahahaha.
    *freaks out*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

If you don't see it, it's not real.

*shuts eyes*

La-dee-dah-dee-dum.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

My Leaving Cert starts in less than forty one hours and I'm on the internet. Not to worry though, I have a perfect plan. During the exams I'll hide under a pile of coats and hope that somehow everything will turn out fine.

Still, worst come to worst, I don't get my first choice. They do the same course in another university. I'd just have to go to Cork.
    . . . . .
    OH CRAP
    *runs off to study*

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Thanks Bertie. Much heart <3

Also good luck to all. (I don't believe in luck, but it's the thought.)

Now, back to outting English to the back of my mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

If its any consolation, college exams are never as stressful.

Really, they should be, but they're not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Cheers man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

So how'd English go for everyone? Thank GOD Bishop came up for the poetry... I'd be dead otherwise. And those were some wonderful essay titles in paper one, no?

Great essays, I did the "it was mad...ridiculous" one. Plotline was 4 guys trying to cheat in their Leaving certs

The Longely question was fantastic, imho. Absolutely useless to anyone who'd learned off their essay, because they would have had to change every single use of pronouns, and they'd probably miss one or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Ahah, not if you had the Ashfield notes! Fair fcuks to them they predicted that a letter to Longley would come up, gave out sample answers and low and behold, Joe Griffin's your uncle.

Did anyone else find JC Maths 1 surprisingly easy?

Yep, does this mean Paper 2 will be equally easy or more difficult just to spite us?

me no likey paper two.

Piste wrote:
    Yep, does this mean Paper 2 will be equally easy or more difficult just to spite us?

me no likey paper two.

Paper two is easier, just learn off everything religiously over the weekend. I doubt they'll make paper 2 harder, most people found paper 1 hard enough anyway.

Did anyone else find JC Maths 1 surprisingly easy?

Yes. I did. So did most of the people I was talking to. I just hope that that doesn't mean that I completely screwed everything up. Maybe they'll mark it harder or something.

LiamD wrote:
    Ahah, not if you had the Ashfield notes! Fair fcuks to them they predicted that a letter to Longley would come up, gave out sample answers and low and behold, Joe Griffin's your uncle.
    Really? They said to watch out for it in Yeats in Waterford too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Raphael wrote:
    Great essays, I did the "it was mad...ridiculous" one. Plotline was 4 guys trying to cheat in their Leaving certs
    That sounds a lot like my essay. I did the mad/ridiculous one too. It was about a group of friends who break into the place in Athlone where the exams are and steal the papers. To make sure I wasn't marked down for straying off the topic, every second paragraph had a mention of madness.

Do you get marked down for straying off topic in the Junior Cert? Because I did something about second chances for my story and didn't actually mention second chances until the last 3 paragraphs. And the story was 5 pages long...

• Advertisement

I just had one bit it in it where, after one of the lads had explained his plan, the other three went "that's mad!" "It's completely ridiculous!" "It might just be stupid enough to work..."

And there plan involved sneaking in answer books with notes on them.

Raphael wrote:
    I just had one bit it in it where, after one of the lads had explained his plan, the other three went "that's mad!" "It's completely ridiculous!" "It might just be stupid enough to work..."

And there plan involved sneaking in answer books with notes on them.

I'd to try to re-assert the relevancy of my essay by going on at the end 'if I could live that day again........', the title being 'a day I'd like to live again.'

Maths 2 was **** for the JC, as Liz suspected, I just tried to make up with attempt marks, but there goes my dreams of an A into the pit of ridiculous Geometry and mistakes in Pythagoras's theorem.:(

I got an A in maths when I did my wasteoftimecert...still have the paper around here somewhere too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I got a B, and now I'm well on track to fail my Leaving Cert next year thanks to maths. :p

Just don't try and get by on rote learning. As we saw testerday, it leads to getting fucked in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I was happy with maths. Pythagoras is pwnt.

... or at least until I get my result. :rolleyes:

I only learned two theorems, both of them came up, and then another mini-theorem which was one of the easy ones I could learn with cop-on. Paper II was the downfall of what could have been a good grade.

But hopefully I wont be dissapppointed come September :)

...disappointed? By then you won't care.

I've a feeling a got a D-E in maths 2, but if I get around what I think on paper 1, I can still get a C! Yayage!

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat as Liz but I fear I'll be disappointed with maths and english come September. French today went really well and history was ok.

Advertisement