Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U'll be fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Raphael wrote:
    Just don't try and get by on rote learning. As we saw testerday, it leads to getting fucked in the ass.

That's just the D4 Institute kids, primarily, with more money then sense who try to learn everything off without comprehending it so they can get into college without being intellectually able for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

I actually thought Paper One in Maths was more challenging than Paper Two. I didn't have any problems with either of them, I aced them both, I thought the first one was more challenging than the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That's just the D4 Institute kids, primarily, with more money then sense who try to learn everything off without comprehending it so they can get into college without being intellectually able for the course.

Well a lot of courses require high points not because they require great intellect, but because there's such a high demand for them, so if people learn by rote and get the points they can still be well able for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Piste wrote:
    Well a lot of courses require high points not because they require great intellect, but because there's such a high demand for them, so if people learn by rote and get the points they can still be well able for the course.

I know but the Institute has a 60% first year drop-out rate. Some people, for the most part, dont know how to learn for themselves and they just get spoon-fed so learning by rote to get into college obviously doesnt always work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No, it's just that they go from an environment of extreme pressure to learn to college, wherr the lecturer doesn't give a fuck

Incidentally, *does the Leaving Cert over dance*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Raphael wrote:
    Incidentally, *does the Leaving Cert over dance*
    Damn you Aonghus, I still have two more exams *grumble* I get off at five pm on the very last day *grumble*.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

I'm off at 12 on the last day, which is sort of depressing, because so many people I know finished after Art History last Thursday. Urgh.

Chemistry in T minus an hour and a half... Kill me now, but after that it's just Japanese, which'll be plain sailing.

THE END IS IN SIGHT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

just applied maths left
    just applied maths left
    just applied maths left
    just applied maths left
    just applied maths left
    just applied maths left
    just applied maths left
    just applied maths left

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Then onto 4+ more years of exams that are just as serious as the Leaving Cert. Wheeee..... :p

Why must you ensadden us so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Uck, all these JC kids here! I feel old...
    Incidentally, the last time I felt this way was being a Nev last year at camp.... :(

Yeah, a in math in JC was fun, though it meant I'd to do the math olympiad after which was totally gay
    What I was supposed to do there: Learn math at a fast paced and higher level
    What I actually did: Count all the holes in the ceiling... 216,514 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

ah Bertie god bless you and your cuteness ;)
    yeah the JC was a piece of piss, just glad it's over but DREADINg the results!!!!
    oh well it's my 16th birthday today!!!!
    :)
    yay!!!

Is it? Ah cool, Happy Birthday Fiodhna!

Advertisement