Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOTC just killed my 1st colossi

Options
  • 04-06-2006 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

That is all.

:)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Ah that was a great moment. It only gets better from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Another 15 (is it? can't remember the exact number) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Your first "colossus" :]

Yeah, I found the first was the best and it just got kind of repetitive from then on :( But I know I'm in the minority, so have fun with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I got stuck on the 12th guy after a week of intensive play...haven't turned it on since...oblivion is partly to blame though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

The airbourne one is amazing. Its a fantastic game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

KdjaC wrote:
    That is all.

:)

kdjac
    So that's why you haven't granted me access to the Soccer forum :p

I'm really gonna have to get SoTC after the LC. Oh man a Summer of gaming and drunkeness awaits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its very repetitive I find, haven't played it since I killed the 3rd boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anima wrote:
    Its very repetitive I find, haven't played it since I killed the 3rd boss.

I got to the second one, killed him and got bored too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Someone else summed this up well; doesn't the sad music that plays after you kill one of them just make you feel like a dick for killing them? Instead of feeling like you accomplished something, you just feel like a wanker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats the feeling I got. You realise as you progress that what your character is doing is totally wrong and incredibly selfish, he is just killing these wonderful and beautiful beings for his own needs. I felt awful killing the last colossus and the depressing music playing during it didn't help. And then there's the wonderful ending :) How the hell can people call it repetitive when they haven't even gotten past the 3rd colossus. Sure the colossus design doesn't get interesting until the 4th one! Blasphemers!

Fantastic game. Best game of last year other than Resi 4 and more than likely will be game of the year for PAL gamers. It's genius that with so little dialogue and and only 3 cutscenes that such a grandiose tale is told. You really grow fond of Agro towards the end even though it's just a horse.

• Advertisement

Since some of ye find it boring, does anyone want to sell me their copy? Feel like I'm missing out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

And then there was 13........

Jaysus rock dude with building for weapon was a bit of a bitch.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it takes a while to figure out how to shatter his armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

That was the point of it for me though, while you might say it was about figuring out how to kill them, that basically just consisted of continuously dying until you do. That, to me, does not a fun game make. Granted, I stopped after the second colossus too :o

I will, of course, go back to it some day...

Ivan wrote:
    That was the point of it for me though, while you might say it was about figuring out how to kill them, that basically just consisted of continuously dying until you do. That, to me, does not a fun game make. Granted, I stopped after the second colossus too :o

They aren't exactly tough to figure out. 10 minutes at the very most. The throbbing weak points sometimes help as well :rolleyes:

I have yet to die :confused:

Not hard in difficulty but getting the jumps and hanging on for dear life is great gaming fun .

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

my housemate ruined a big bit of the experiance for me...i was trying to really embrace the game and he kept butting in trying to tell me what to do. i really felt that i missed out a big bit of the oomph of the game cause he wouldnt f*ck off and let me play the game in peace.

he did the same with Resi 4 and MGS 3...b*sterd gonna have to cut his throat tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

KdjaC wrote:
    I have yet to die :confused:

Yeah I died once whilst trying to figure out the
    electric eel colossus
    and even that was unnecesary...if you get battered too many times, just bounce on the horse or run like f*ck and posture down to regain health.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I thought the
    sand colossus
    was the trickiest one to figure out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's a beautiful game... a friend of mine picked this up for the first time yesterday and just sat there until he'd 6 beaten. I still haven't finished it either, if I wasn't addicted to World of Warcraft I'd go back and play more of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ivan wrote:

I barely ever died. Try increasing the size of your health bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i only died twice in the game. once was on the electric eel and the other was when i got cornered by one of the little colossus and he kept rammin me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

It's a beautiful game... a friend of mine picked this up for the first time yesterday and just sat there until he'd 6 beaten. I still haven't finished it either, if I wasn't addicted to World of Warcraft I'd go back and play more of it.
    Good lord. I was addicted to wow for about 2 months last year. Then i took a step back, looked at wow and realised 'hey, wait a minute, this game is actually sh!t'. Probably the most boring online game ive ever played, its just the interaction with people that makes it interesting. If it was an offline game, it would have sold about 10 copies.
    I think my 15 hours spent playing SOTC were pound for pound more enjoyable and gaming filled than the 70 odd hours i put into wow before i quit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I love it when you finally have the beasty in your grasp and the music changes as you climb and cling on for dear life - epic stuff.

I've killed about 10 and the guilt goes away when you see those shadow things - I reckon they're cursed beasties and you're doing the right thing (fingers crossed as I havent got to the end of the story).:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i was delighted to spot a ps2 in with all the rest of the crap that my new flatmate brought with her.
    looks like i'll finally get to play this game:)

Then there twas 9 , how anyone can dislike this game is beyond me its perfect. I cant wait to play it later and playing it one monster at a time gives quick action if thats your kind of thing or longer if you fancy taking out 2 or 3 of them.

Flying beastie the funnest and by far the easiest

Question
    what are skunky type things i find great fun to kill and pick up their tails? What is the fruit about? I dont seem to gain anything from them but dont see where i collected X of them?

kdjac

Fruit increases your health by a tiny bit. The lizards with the black tails do nothing but the ones with the white tails will increase your grip when you eat their tails.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just picked this up yesterday and it's a stunning experience, the word 'game' doesn't really do it justice. I had pretty high expectations and it's lived up to them all, easily.

In saying that though I'm only about 3 hours in and I've seen off 6 colossi and have the 7th pretty much figured out. I've basically been running off straight to the next colossus each time I kill one, with the odd pause to take in the landscapes, and can't help wondering am I missing out on something ? Is there something else I should be doing besides killing colossi ?

(I don't mean that as a bad reflection on the game in anyway, that's more than enough as it is, but if there was some more too it ....)

Havent played since the World Cup started....Damn World Cup and Pro Evo!!!!!!!!!!

And GTA LCS...

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KdjaC wrote:
    Havent played since the World Cup started....Damn World Cup and Pro Evo!!!!!!!!!!

And GTA LCS...

kdjac

How many colossi have you killed?

Advertisement