Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gimmicks that would be over today

• 04-06-2006 6:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Ever since the beginning of the attitude era, we have seen WWE take a more serious stance towards gimmicks meaning no more treacherous examples such as Doink the Clown and the little known "MVP". What gimmicks pre '97 do you guys think would have been cool today without being laughed out of the building? Included in **** ones I would have the likes of the Big Boss Man and Earthquake, just a little childish, werent they? I think people like Razor Ramon, Million Dollar Man, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mr. Perfect and even the Ultimate Warrior would still be over today. And of course we cant forget the legedary Deadman who has stood the test of time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think Randy Savage is an obvious one. Great charisma and could back it up in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

masively agree about Ted dibiase very forgotten wrestler, the bulldogs would be over, bret obviously.
    and of course being slightly facetious i think the gimmick of a tag team division would work.
    here's a question though, if Shamrock ,now in 2006, were the age he was when he originally joined WWE in the 90's, do you think he'd jump ship now, or would he stay in UFC, with it's improved coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think he'd stay in the UFC thats assuming his skills would be up to the mark of what they need to be in 2006.

You can make alot of money in the UFC right now as a top name. The big name fighters (Lidell, Hughes, Ortiz) now get a percentage of the overall pay per view buys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ricky Steamboat is the one for me which stands out straight away.

Jake The Snake would also work today.

And apart from whats already been mentioned, I cannot think of any others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

one that seems to stem from the past is carlito's. i didn't like it at first, but now i grin every time his music hits. he great on the mic.

as for the past; tatanka seems to be doing quite well, considering he was gone for so long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement