Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin Problem!

• 04-06-2006 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I just want to sort out a problem with my skin. I have various spots on my face/shoulders/back but the thing is there not that bad but its come to the stage where i feel i need to take action to clear them.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

The Sun - while its here use it, i don't mean get burned to ac crisp either, use some spf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Also cleanse with witchhazel at night, it unblocks pores and works wonders. It about €4 a bottle from the chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I used to have the same problem. I used to get spots on my back, shoulders and face. I switched to the pill (Dianette) about a year and a half ago and haven't had a spot on my back or shoulders since. I didn't have bad acne or anything but they were persistent. I get the occasional one of my face but it's more due to hormones that anything else. The sunlight is doing wonders for my face, I'm glowing and my skin has been especially clear this month, so try and get out in the sun as much as you can whilst we still have the good weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Could have something to do with what you're showering with or the hair products you use too. Might want to look into that.

If it's just plain old spots, don't use anything like Clearasil or other products that make promises, because they're known to clear them up temporarily and when you stop using them, your spots just come back (and sometimes worse).
    Cut down on the sugars you're eating, drink loads of water, get a bit of the sun while it's here would be a good start.
    Witchhazel is good but might not be strong enough, but it's worth giving a shot.
    Also, SudoCreme is really good if you've a particularly bad spot, just put it on it before you go to bed and it can work really well.
    Get a good cleanser aswell.

If none of that works then go to your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

If your a girl maybe consider going on the pill already mentioned (Dianette). It works wonders for your skin.
    Also Simple products are great, some cleansers can be harsh but simple is great and cleared up my skin problems.

If your a boy id suggest getting a facial scrub/wash. Theres loads for men these days.

And the sun is great for clearing up bad skin but use sunscreen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement