Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treated as a Fool

Options
  • 04-06-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

As many of you know, i have recently purchased a Beretta AL391 Urika Syn.
    When i was purchasing this from the gun shop i was infromed it had all the bits and bobs. ALL the chokes, choke key, gun oil, wrenches(dissasembly), gun case and the gun was immaculate(still is). I have now come to learn i was lied to.

A new AL391 Urika comes with a set of 5 chokes not 4 as i bought it.

The four chokes i was provided with are Full, IM, M, and IC.
    So im missing a choke, CL i think, and a container for the Full choke.

Lesson learned: Do some research before you take someones word for something, your likely to feel like an idiot!!!!!

Next question, how much is my gun worth now that i want to trade it in with parts missing???, i dont know........ Less i would imagine , much less!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

Did you get the missing parts/items?

I'm sure you'd have a false advertisement case there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

No didnt get the parts, only found out yesterday, havnt been back at the shop i made my purchase in, didnt particularly like the way i was spoke to.
    Dont think i could have him for that but good idea.

He said the container for the Full choke was missing, but he said everything else was there. He never told me there was a missing choke!!

My mistake for not checking what comes with a new model!!

Priced CL choke, €50ish, dealer gona email me with exact pricings later.
    So i make a loss if i get it before i trade it in.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

A new AL391 Urika comes with a set of 5 chokes not 4 as i bought it.

You sure? I've a 391 (5 yrs old), and it came with 3. I know I wasn't codded by the dealer, because I was the dealer...

Yea rang ardee sports gut i spoke to said i should of got 5 chokes, unless the more recent ones for sale come with more????

Full, Improv Mod, Mod, Improv Cyl, Cyl

Civdef what ones did your 391 come with if dont mind me asking, maybe the guy in Ardee made the mistake, if he did i apologise for my previous post as therefore i wasnt lied to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There the same clowns who keep giving out the wrong mounts for the Tikka Tac (there the Tikka wholesaler) and bad advice about removing the picatinny rail. Used to think they were alright but not anymore.

• Advertisement

Oh thanks Rew sheds a bit of light on things!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I don't know if you're missing the container - you might get 5 chokes but only 4 containers as 1 choke will be in the gun.
    That's teh way my Teknys came.

Ardee are very approachable and will help out where possible - I think the problem is with Beretta - who do Tikka and Sake etc. as well.
    Anyone that has sent back a Teknys will know what I'm talking about - no other manufacturer of any other product would get away with it.

Although maybe the problem is with Ardee and they're not fighting their corner hard enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Yeah what the lurcher said it may be that you only get 4 chokes with the gun or and i know this is pretty obvious but anyway are you counting the choke that is in the gun

id get the manafactur date of the gun and the exact model and check out what you should have with it if you find your missing one give the dealer a ring

Advertisement