Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of Mice and Men

Options
  • 04-06-2006 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

anyone doin dis??i jus wanted to kno if u tink that the theme of loyalty and betrayal is in it??becuase its in my other two texts and im not really sure if i could use it in of mice and men!!thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I did it for Junior Cert I suppose Lennie was loyal to George can't really remember it much :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yeah im doing it..yeah its part of my loyalty and betrayal essay..so yeah its in there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

If there are two themes in Of mice and men they are surely loyalty and betrayal........
    If you choose one you can bring in the other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

well unlike some people, i dont prepare essays.

however loyalty and betrayal are in it.

loyalty as george sticks by his goofball of a friend lennie, takes him by the hand crossing roads and tucks him in at night.

betrayal as george blows lennie's brains out from point blank range with an AK47.

my €0.02. that's how you write in an exam, at least you'll get the examiner laughing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

thanks alot you guys!!!there's some realy nice ppl on here!!u were a great help!!!lotsa love fi xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

smemon wrote:

loyalty as george sticks by his goofball of a friend lennie, takes him by the hand crossing roads and tucks him in at night.

betrayal as george blows lennie's brains out from point blank range with an AK47.

my €0.02. that's how you write in an exam, at least you'll get the examiner laughing ;)

he used a pistol

the AK47 was not invented until 1947.

I just corrected Smemon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lolz, I think no matter how stupid Lennie is, he would have noticed an AK47.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

i dont think geoge betrayed lennie by poppin' a cap in his ass, he saved him from the torture and ultimately death that he was gonna have to face from curley, after what he did to his wife!!..good man george!!:D

Garret wrote:
    he used a pistol

the AK47 was not invented until 1947.

im going for the hollywood effect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

smemon wrote:
    im going for the hollywood effect ;)

Yeah. Then just watch the movie of it!:D

Also Loyalty and Betrayal is my theme and issue essay(im not learning it off that's for pussies).

• Advertisement

NADA wrote:
    Yeah. Then just watch the movie of it!:D

i have. i can remember the movie better than the book. images and video stay with me better than black and white words.

after all, 99% of our courses are learned through books, so any video i watch i will take in due to the fact that it's novelty!

my brain is sick of processing words into pictures, so it's nice when thats done for me :D i can relax and actually sit back and take in what im watching, i dont have to work my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

SaxoDuff wrote:
    i dont think geoge betrayed lennie by poppin' a cap in his ass, he saved him from the torture and ultimately death that he was gonna have to face from curley, after what he did to his wife!!..good man george!!:D
    1st Fiona then Taidgh wats goin on at all!!

Dont worry taidgh if u ever killed thomas I wud "pop a cap in ur ass" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

u kno u wudnt eamon!!!u kno u'd probly congratulate him lolol!!we all wud!!!taidgh wud b king lol!!im only messin thomas is harmless!!lolol

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

smemon wrote:

Wouldn't say that george betrays lennie. Indeed he's really loyal to him and nice. He has the choice to let him die in an atmosphere of fear and terror, if Curley would get him or to kill Lennie himself by shooting him in his had.

Betrayal however can be seen when Candy doesn't stand up to fight for his dog's right livem and thereby betrayals their lifelong friendship

anna.fun wrote:
    Betrayal however can be seen when Candy doesn't stand up to fight for his dog's right livem and thereby betrayals their lifelong friendship

but candy's dog was old and useless. he could hardly walk and was taking up space in the bunkhouse.

Candy thought he'd trade him in for a newer model, using a scrappage deal. would you like to have a 1990 nissan micra or a 2006 ford focus? even if you love the micra, you know it's at the end of it's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

@smemon:

Yeah all right... but would you like to be killed just because you smell and are old.. I doubt it..

anna.fun wrote:
    @smemon:

Yeah all right... but would you like to be killed just because you smell and are old.. I doubt it..

well we are the master race, what we say goes. if something isn't benefiting us, wipe it out :D

within reason of course, you dont kill old people out of respect. but dogs are different. if you think they'd be better in doggie heaven, then shoot away. if they're fit and young then let them live life to the max :D

Advertisement