Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing acrylic nails

• 04-06-2006 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone any tips on removing acrylic nails. Had them done on Thursday for my sisters wedding on Friday. I'm off on hols on Tuesday and they're wrecking my head. Not used to having long(ish) nails.

Anyone know the best way to remove them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm reliably informed by my girlfriend that the best way to get them off is as follows:

Soak cotton wool balls in nail varnish remover (must contain acetone. you know, the good old fashioned horrible smelling stuff) and place over fingernails then individually wrap the the fingers and cotton wool in tinfoil. then wrap your hands with a towel that was soaked in hot water, the nails should be off in a quarter of an hour

or you could try my "guy" theory, that's never been tried out yet. which is: Pour some nail varnish remover into a rubber glove, put on the glove, then dip gloved hand into warm water. There are probably a lot of reasons why this won't work, rubber glove may dissolve, may get skin irritations etc. but I'll wager it's quicker than the above method....

best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Be sure to thank your girlfriend for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

you can fill a small bowl with acetine and soak to remove...
    you can use nail polish remover or use the special acetone base product that you can buy in boots.

Advertisement