Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sun Burn

• 04-06-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Right ladies (and guys)i need your advice,

i got totally burned to a crisp yesterday, even though i had kids factor 30 cream on me. :mad:
    im in so much pain and nothin is easing it...i was reading in the shade and sat in the sun for 2 hours at different times...(1 here and 1 there)
    but im burned on the front of my legs, chest, stomach....
    its killing me :eek: , i have tried everything to help and nothin works...

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

if it is really really bad perhaps a burns spray wouldnt go amiss

otherwise just use lots of aftersun on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i have tried...
    i tried to get this "hydro gel" from the chemist today but it was closed...
    cant believe the sun cream failed me..
    thanks garret il will try the burns spray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Been there many many times. Aloe vera gel is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Been there many many times. Aloe vera gel is the best.
    And right you are it,s the best for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Royale

Don't use burn spray, get aloe vera, maybee you should stay idoors for this entire week as well, and dont drink coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I got really burnt 2 years ago and found that aloe vera really helps. Throw on loads of moisturiser so it doesn't peel horribly later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Been there lots of times. It can be so sore. I generally use Nurofen to ease the pain. TBH, the only thing that cures sunburn is time - usually its a lot better after 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Drink loads of water as your skin ( and rest of body ) will have been very dehydrated.
    Aloe vera a is very good, stick it in the fridge and put it on ice cold..........................mmmmm relief!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

As most other people have mentioned, aloe vera is an absolute godsend.

As soon as you can bear it start slathering on some moisturiser as well, your skin will be in dire need of it. And as Diamondmaker said, plenty of water is in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Aloe vera gel is the best.
    Yeah defo the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

Natural yogart. And 2 Neurofen plus.
    Eases the pain a good bit. Had 2 friends that got super-crispy from the sun on hols one year, we covered them in yogart (sounds horrible but worked) , gave them 2 tabs and put them to bed.
    They were grand the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I think the yoghurt only works when you've started to blister. Stinks too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

We use Coco butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

thanks a mill people for you help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Sudocream eases the discomfort as I got burnt myself on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

lasair wrote:
    cant believe the sun cream failed me..
    Is there any chance that the sun cream has passed it's best before date? If it has then it will not be effective. I have extremely fair skin and was out in the sun for most of the weekend with factor 15 on and I did not get burnt.

Aloe vera is meant to be very good for soothing burns.

If I were you I'd pop into a pharmacy and ask for their advise. I'm sure you aren't the first person they've had come into them in the last few days :)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I got sunburn bad on my shoulder (just the one?!) on Friday and E45 cream has really helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

A used warm (not hot) tea bag does the trick.Rub it on the sun burn - work great

Advertisement