Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ladbrokes.com are doing a free 20euro bet if you sign up with them and use the promo code SCORE. once you make any 20euro bet, on settlement of that bet, they will deposit 20euro into your account.

just put 20euro on Germany to win 2-0, at 5-1 i think - anyway free bet!!

also they are giving away free 3euro bet tokens in the city centre today that you can bring into any ladbrokes store and bet on any world cup match.

may go with Germnay to win and Ballack to score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ballack wont be playing today though hes got an injury

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

p.pete wrote:
    Cisse top scorer - 185/1 (completely unlikely

I'll give you 500/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wonder what you'd get on Rooney for top scorer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

I wonder what you'd get on Rooney for top scorer :)
    40-1 with pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Here's my long shot:
    South Korea v Togo
    Selection South Korea @ 11/10

Switzerland v Togo
    Selection Switzerland @ 8/13

France v Togo
    Selection France @ 1/4

Sweden v Trinidad
    Selection Sweden @ 2/9

England v Trinidad
    Selection England @ 1/5

Paraguay v Trinidad
    Selection Paraguay @ 8/15

Ukraine v Saudi Arabia
    Selection Ukraine @ 4/11

Spain v Saudi Arabia
    Selection Spain @ 1/4

Iran v Angola
    Selection Iran @ 5/4

Bet Type Accumulator (9)
    Stake per line €25.00
    Number of lines 1
    Stake €25.00
    Total Paid €25.00
    Potential returns €914.33
    I didn't trust Tunisia to beat Saudi Arabia so I swapped them for Iran to beat Angola at a much better price. Saudi's topped their group which including Korea so I was worried about them getting a point or more off Tunisia.

I get a €32 free bet with that too as I got an offer by e-mail. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

M.Klosse top scorer 16/1

T.Henry top scorer 12/1

Ivory Coast to reach Semis 12/1

Paraguay to reach semis 20/1

England to win world cup 6/1

Germany to win world cup 8/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just back from ladbrokes

Shevchenko top scorer 25-1 10er
    Japan to top their group 16-1 10er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rofl! I have them to finish bottom.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

My betfair bets....

South Korea @ 300
    Japan @ 480
    Argentina @ 10
    Netherlands @ 18

I fancy the first 2 to qualify from their groups, perhaps South Korea can get to a quarter final place. I'm hoping to lay them off at a much shorter price.

The other two I'll let ride - hopefully one of them will get a good run in the tournament.

Also have backed...

Japan to qualify from their group @ 4.4
    South Korea to qualify @ 2.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

scargill wrote:

Japan to qualify from their group @ 4.4

Lets hope they qualify first. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Lays - not to win, betfair pink column

Ronaldinho lay 5.3 Golden Ball
    Total Num of Goals 151-170 lay 1.97 (NAP)
    Lay Brazil to reach final 2.56
    Lay Brazil not to win 4.0
    Ly total numbe rof corners middle one 2.34
    Lay Poland Not to Qualify from group 1.64 (SNAP) - Poland are crap.

Backs
    Back Czech Rep to win 37/1 on Betfair, definitely a bit of trading there at least later on. (NB)

You can lay in the pink column ijn Betfair:)

BTW, Its almost impossible for a team outside Europe to win it here. Europe has the best teams, Brazil's biggest advantage outside Europe is the climate. I would be surprised to see Brazil reach final this year.

Czech Republic are a great experienced side. They are the best in Europe imo so get on them at 37/1 now and lay off at smaller odds when they qualify out of group.

Poland are crap. Can't see them qualifying out of their group. Lay of the day at 1.64.

finnpark wrote:
    Lay Poland Not to Qualify from group 1.64 (SNAP) - Poland are crap.
    The SNAP is still going. :) While you aren't taking too much of a risk with the odds, I don't think that'll come in. Poland are decent side and their group seems piss poor. I'd put them on par with Sweden and Croatia and most would be very suprised to see Costa Rica or Ecuador finishing above either of those. Very few of their players are well known but I didn't know Zurawski or Boruc before they joined Celtic and they're both excellent players imo.

eirebhoy wrote:
    The SNAP is still going. :) While you aren't taking too much of a risk with the odds, I don't think that'll come in. Poland are decent side and their group seems piss poor. I'd put them on par with Sweden and Croatia and most would be very suprised to see Costa Rica or Ecuador finishing above either of those. Very few of their players are well known but I didn't know Zurawski or Boruc before they joined Celtic and they're both excellent players imo.

Time will tell Eireboy but I really think they are week. Costa Rica are a tough side and Ecauador are well organised. Poland will find it hard to scroe against all the sides in the group. Good luck anyway and lets hope the Czech Republic will win it:) I think Engerlund have a great chance too as Rooney's injury has taken the heat off the rest of them but I hope they get a good thrashing every match as does every normal Irish blooded man and woman. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Heres the three single bets I placed this morning:

Who will win the World Cup 2006?
    Argentina 8 - 1

Top Goalscorer World Cup 2006
    A Shevchenko 25 - 1

Top Goalscorer World Cup 2006
    M Klose 16 -1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

finnpark wrote:
    BTW, Its almost impossible for a team outside Europe to win it here. Europe has the best teams, Brazil's biggest advantage outside Europe is the climate. I would be surprised to see Brazil reach final this year.

Although history supports your claim,I dont think Europe has the best teams,I dont think climate is Brazils biggest advantage,and I dont think Brazil will not reach the final this year.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Sorry for sounding stupid, or whatever but...What does Lay off mean? ie "lay off at smaller odds" I wanna go put money on someone, i dont get this whole linguo!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I like the look of this bet No Liverpool goalscorer @ 12/1.

Liverpool players at the world cup.

Peter Crouch
    Steven Gerrard
    Luis Garcia
    Harry Kewell
    Xabi Alonso
    Jan Kromkamp
    Jamie Carragher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i'd be suprised if Gerrard or crouch didnt get a goal against T&T or even paraguay.

• Advertisement

i'd be suprised if Gerrard or crouch didnt get a goal against T&T or even paraguay.

I agree but still think its wort a few bob,I am hoping Crouch has a few bad games before Wayne wounder is back.If Gerrard is playing "in the hole" then he should score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got my money on Klose for top scorer at 21-1 on betfair...go on...good start today and an outside bet on Crouch.

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I got my money on Klose for top scorer at 21-1 on betfair...go on...good start today

I have a substantial bet on him @ 22/1

finnpark wrote:

Poland are crap. Can't see them qualifying out of their group. Lay of the day at 1.64.

LOL. I can smell the money waiting there. At 4/6 what a great lay :D

Aye, nice one. :o There's still 6 points there for the taken though and Poland were below par tonight. I think Ecuador and Germany will qualify now though. Poland were unlucky to have a goal wrongly ruled out for offside but they didn't deserve anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Sweden to win @ 40:1

it's a long shot to many perhaps but the team is in good shape as a whole and so it could just happen - afterall the odds are on a European country to win it and just looking back at Greece winning in Euro 2004 it shows that the outsider can beat the favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

I got ngland in the sweeps at work today so Its really a ten euro bet on them at 20s and 12s if they are runners up.I think I might do a 50 euro bet on brazil. I couldnt believe it when I was watchin the Germany match with my mates today I was on my friends PP account so I put 2 bets on Scweinsteiger to score first(which did not come up) and Germany to win 4-2 at 66/1.

jimmyboy wrote:
    I couldnt believe it when I was watchin the Germany match with my mates today I was on my friends PP account so I put 2 bets on Scweinsteiger to score first(which did not come up) and Germany to win 4-2 at 66/1.
    You got ripped off with those odds mate. :) Should be at least 200/1.

Maybe on Betfair but not on PP. anyway I didnt keep the money my mate did

jimmyboy wrote:
    Maybe on Betfair but not on PP. anyway I didnt keep the money my mate did
    I just realised they were 2 seperate bets. I though you meant Schweinsteiger to score first and Germany to win 4-2 as one (losing) bet. My apologies. :) I thought I read €2 bet too, I need some sleep. :)

• Advertisement

:D well I only put E1 on each of dem and the important thing is since Frings goal was outside the box I get that Euro back

I fancy Costa Rica to qualify ahead of Ecuadore. I think they can get 4 points while Ecucador get 0. Its a tight group that actually, 4 crap teams.

Come on Paraguay. Engerlund are a decent lay at around 1.6 against Paraguay. The Pars are good and could get at least a draw out of it. No match is easy in the World Cup.

Czech Republic to win.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

this mornings research has produced the below results..

T & T v Sweeden - 1st score between 0-27minutes 10/11 (SNAP)

T & T v Sweeden - 4-0 to sweeden 10/1 (small stakes)

T & T v Sweeden - 5-0 to sweeden 22/1 (small stakes)

England v Paraguay - Draw 9/4 (NAP)

i still can't find a decent bet for the argentina game.. perhaps a shock ivory coast win??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Don't fancy anything today but I'm going with a fiver on Serbia & Montenegro to beat Holland tomorrow. They're 7-2 which is great odds IMO.

Crouch not to score in World Cup 5/1. Worth a punt imo.

If Sweden are the only team to have let me down I think I might just cry:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51517944&postcount=57
    :(

I'll be cheering on Angola today. There's nothing worse than 1 team letting you down, especially for €900.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got Holland 14-1

Klosse of Germany 33-1 for top goalscorer =)

I put ten on Klosse and ten on Torres (30-1)

I'm going to be a rich boy =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

HoHo, not a bad set of bets there Doc.
    That said, Crespo shoulda had a hatrick against Serbia were it not for bad decisions, he would well be put there. Ruud too :)

I stilll think top scorer of this Tourney could be Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I got Holland 14-1

Klosse of Germany 33-1 for top goalscorer =)

I put ten on Klosse and ten on Torres (30-1)

I'm going to be a rich boy =)

I totally overlooked Klose.

I backed:
    €10 Torres @ 32/1
    €10 Crespo @ 27/1
    €30 Argentina to reach final @ 5/1

Still confident one of them can grab top scorer from Klose. If it's Torres we'll both be laughing!

• Advertisement

If Japan actually had a decent striker they'd most likely be playing Brazil tomorrow for top spot which was 20/1. The only bet I actually think I can win now is Italy winning the cup.

Ukraine are 8/11 to beat Tunisia on Friday, that's better odds than Betfair and I can't see it staying like that for much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'll be having a bet on Holland v Argentia

More than 3.5 goals on Betfair @ 4.1

Does anyone have any idea why you can still back Brazil to win their group at 1/100 on Betfair? They've won the group already even if they lose 10-0 tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

eirebhoy wrote:
    If Sweden are the only team to have let me down I think I might just cry:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51517944&postcount=57
    :(

I'll be cheering on Angola today. There's nothing worse than 1 team letting you down, especially for €900.

yeah, ya can never be content with an accumulator unless most of the teams let you down, or by some miracle, they all win..

iran only managed a draw today.. they were in my double with argentina to win the w/c outright.. so now i'm hoping for the argies to go out in the next round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

eirebhoy wrote:
    Does anyone have any idea why you can still back Brazil to win their group at 1/100 on Betfair? They've won the group already even if they lose 10-0 tomorrow.

Wouldn't get matched methinks.

fade2black wrote:
    Wouldn't get matched methinks.
    There's €15,000 down to be matched. There's always people willing to lay a 1/100 shot incase something crazy happens like Brazil getting disqualified. :) Spain are the same too with €14,000 down to be matched. There's not much point in backing them at unless you want to throw €30k on it and get a free €300. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Do it Eirebhoy....do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

eirebhoy wrote:
    Have they? I thought goal difference / goals scored counted before head-to-head results?

Crumbs wrote:
    Have they? I thought goal difference / goals scored counted before head-to-head results?
    Page 17:
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/releases/en/fwc_regulations_2006_090604_en.pdf

Contradiction:
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/rule.html

Depends on what you believe. I always thought it was h2h this year but I haven't a clue now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

No they're scrapping the head to head rule as they want to keep more matches alive in the 3rd round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

eirebhoy wrote:
    Page 17:
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/releases/en/fwc_regulations_2006_090604_en.pdf

Contradiction:
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/rule.html

Depends on what you believe. I always thought it was h2h this year but I haven't a clue now.
    The first one is dated May 2003, so they've obviously had a rethink since then along the lines of what Pighead said. Goal difference it is then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement