Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

World Cup betting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

finnpark wrote:
    I fancy Costa Rica to qualify ahead of Ecuadore. I think they can get 4 points while Ecucador get 0. Its a tight group that actually, 4 crap teams.

Come on Paraguay. Engerlund are a decent lay at around 1.6 against Paraguay. The Pars are good and could get at least a draw out of it. No match is easy in the World Cup.

Czech Republic to win.:D

if you said the complete opposite you would be doing alright

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads I put 50e on Portugal to win the World Cup 2 years ago, before the qualifiers had even started. I got them at 40-1. So far im a happy man because they have won their first 3 games. Havent looked great but they beat Mexico yesterday, who are a decent side, without many of their first 11 playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

What ye doing today?
    €20
    Czech Vs Italy Draw
    Ghana Vs USA Draw
    Croat Vs Ausy Draw
    = €650
    its possible :rolleyes:

and on the overall......

Damn crespo and his lack of goals......

€20 on Argentina/Crespo @ 68-1
    how could the fecker only score 1 goal in a 6-0 bashing :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

jimbling wrote:
    What ye doing today?
    €20
    Czech Vs Italy Draw
    Ghana Vs USA Draw
    Croat Vs Ausy Draw
    = €650
    its possible :rolleyes:
    It certainly is. Worth a bet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So, Spain to win the world cup... well according to Nostradamus :D
    http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/11342

Might be worth a bet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

one of my bets is looking good.

I put on a tenner on Germany, England, Brazil, Portugal & Spain in to win their respective groups. Think I'll get back eighty something euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

What do you think of this bet?

A double on Equador to bt England and Ghana to bt Brasil. 80/1.

Worth a sly €50 or madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

DOLEMAN wrote:

i think madness...England to lose would be a good bet but both of them DOUBT IT. But Doleman you could prove me wrong! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

DOLEMAN wrote:

I'd say it's worth a shot. Can see England losing alright but hard to see Ghana beating Brazil... still tho, go for it, you could be 4Gs the richer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Those odds would mostly likely be to win in 90 minutes. Also, Ghana are without their main man, Essien, for the Brazil match.