Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News Flash! Important Ice Cream Announcement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Nevr even heard of Green and Black's, but WOOHAY...CELEBRATIONS:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

where can you get it? I had some of their dark chocolate ice cream a couple of years ago from Caviston's and i was like the woman in When Harry Met Sally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Turns out they've been doing the ice cream for some time, still when we discovered today that they make ice cream we were understandably very excited (and tSubh was the one with the laptop at the time).

We suspect Superquinn might have it, being a supermarket that stocks their chocolate and hot chocolate. We shall research this matter thoroughly and come back with our findings.

Fothergills, is another possibility we'll check up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Ice cream, Green & Black's
    Superquinn sells it, you think?
    Ohhh yes, orgasmic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I've seen it in Donnybrook Fair, they have three or four flavours there ... I have houseguests for the weekend, so I shall be splashing out! Can't wait to try it ;)

Oh, and iirc, DF also had Green and Balck ice pops ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Exciting news on the distribution front there Hermione*!

I also sent off an email to Kelkin who according to the G&B website is their supplier for Ireland. I got this lovely email back from them today.
    email wrote:
    Dear Jo

You can currently buy in SQ, I know they have it in Superquinn in
    Blanchardstown if that is any help. It is distributed by Allied Foods.

Regards

Anne

So, as we orginally suspected it can be got in Superquinn, and it's definitely in the Blanchardstown branch. I think I may need to go on a road trip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Heh, DF is a twenty minute walk from my house, so extremely handy for me. Not so much for those who aren't in south Dublin ;)

Can't wait to try it tbh, wonder if it'll be better than chocolate fudge brownie? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

they sell it in itsabagel in dun laoghaire

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Just a quick update. I finally bumped into some Green & Black's ice cream last night in Morton's in Ranelagh/Beechwood area.

They had vanilla and chocolate mint flavour. Of course I got the chocolatey one. It is the most delicious ice cream I have ever tasted.

It's creamy and chocolatey with just the slightest hint of mint. It was very rich so you can't really gorge on it, tempting as that is...

I would recommend their ice cream to everyone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Hermione* wrote:

Can't wait to try it tbh, wonder if it'll be better than chocolate fudge brownie? :)
    my answer to that is 'no!'

(i havent had g&b's but i would stake my life that it could not beat b&j's!!) ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement