Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sore fingers after or during exams

Options
  • 04-06-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

hi there

now here is a tricky one.. i guess most of ya's know how it feels after a 3 hr exam in english, history or any other subject were u ve to write **** loads.. sore fingers is actually worse then getting a blackout i think because the pain wont go away..

so does anyone have any tipps to prevent u from gettin sore fingers, especially sore thumb, after writing too much?! :D

so long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

As soon as you feel any pain just stop writing and just start making a fist with your writing hand, and closing the fist repeatedly. Worked for me anyway... It'll give you time to think of what your going to write next anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 schnupi

haha - thanks im gonna try that.. well 2morrow maybe.. we'll see. u better be right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I wont have that prob(well kinda will but it will be more spread out) im doin my exam on a laptop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Hows that?

ye a mate in my class is doin d same.. i'd luv 2 do mine on a laptop. i would have so much more time. i think he has something wit his hands but never bothered askin tbh :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Use those cushion things that you slip over the pen. I'm still using them years after they came out because of the relief they gave in the leaving.

You'd get them in an Easons for less that a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

You could also break your writing hand before the exams and you'll get a person to write out your essays for you as you call out what to write down.
    Probably more trouble than its worth though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

that'd be cool if you were bad at grammer or spelling provided the person was good at it. Imagine havin your irish or french teacher doin it for you.

YeAh! wrote:
    You could also break your writing hand before the exams and you'll get a person to write out your essays for you as you call out what to write down.

i like that one mwahahahha :D:D:D

i think i am gonna get one of those silicon things that bamboozled talked about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

That would be so weird :D What if the person writing it for you had terrible spelling.

Keep practicing writing a few pages at a time it'll help I guess.
    Last year I thought my hand was going to fall off in the Geography exam :eek:

• Advertisement

guess how i am goin to feel after that day when i have business and history... thats gonna be a nightmare for my fingers :D

whassupp2 wrote:
    Hows that?
    One word Dyslexic. I had an easement done they recommended a tape recorder but I didnt like the idea of that so I went for the laptop which is better in my point of view because I am faster at typing then writing and this might sound daft but I find it easier to type/write out stuff then say it and it also you can reflex on what you have wrote & change it which you cant do when on tape.
    I had it for the jur too.
    schnupi wrote:
    ye a mate in my class is doin d same.. i'd luv 2 do mine on a laptop. i would have so much more time. i think he has something wit his hands but never bothered askin tbh :p
    Na nutting wrong wit my hands.

But out of my year of 80ppl there are 11 people using tapes/laptops/readers all of which have dyslexia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Oh what a laptop would be the best thing ever...I presume you have to have some special reason to have them ie.dyslexia as you said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Funkstard wrote:
    Oh what a laptop would be the best thing ever...I presume you have to have some special reason to have them ie.dyslexia as you said

If only :( spell check ftw!!!1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Funkstard wrote:
    I would love to do mine on a laptop,I have pretty bad writing and I can type much,much faster than I write.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't think you'll have a spell check as a guy in college was doing his exams on a laptop and was like saying "omg i can do my programming on the laptop and compile it making 100%" etc. also he was saying that he could spell check everything.

it turns out that they made him write it in notepad. i know that is college but if their that picky in college, they are bound to be like that in the leaving cert.

to cut a short story short, don't be relying on spell checkers, also they will make allowances anyways.

Yeah I will have spell check on my laptop. Might get a desktop keyboard cos I always make a lot of misstakes when typing on a Laptop keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

YeAh! wrote:

You also have to know a few weeks in advance. It's happened a lad in our school.

I have a new problem...sweaty fingers when writing. I'm using the bogstandard biros, and the grip on them is something shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

a little tip, wrap masking tape around the bic pens for extra grip and less sweatyness:D

• Advertisement

Ahhh...great cheers. I was thinking of buying one of those squidgy things, but that would equal a trip to Dún Laoghaire but i)I HATE Dún Laoghaire, and ii)it would equal a significant drain on potential study time.

Masking tape it iw

Advertisement