Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

087 coverage in Trabolgan

• 04-06-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Heading down to trabolgan (in cork) next week. Just wondering if anyone knows how the coverage is for vodafone? Someone told me it wasent good but I find that hard to believe. Dont want to be left out of touch for two weeks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Vodafone Coverage Map and this should be in the Mobiles/PDAs forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

in trabolgan no meteor converage at all
    o2
    and vodaphone is patchy but can be gotten in parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

imred wrote:
    Heading down to trabolgan (in cork) next week. Just wondering if anyone knows how the coverage is for vodafone? Someone told me it wasent good but I find that hard to believe. Dont want to be left out of touch for two weeks!

.... use a landline!

the houses down there dont have one and the pay phones are a lot for long distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Why in Gods name would you want ot go to Trabolgan in the first place ? What a hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

weeder wrote:
    the houses down there dont have one and the pay phones are a lot for long distance

Cork to Wexford is hardly long distance. You could shout from there. A mobile call is going to be a lot more expensive than a national call from a pay phone.

meldrew wrote:
    Why in Gods name would you want ot go to Trabolgan in the first place ? What a hole
    cold hartedly agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

this should be posted on the mobiles board....

Moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

imred wrote:

it was bad a few years ago... should be grand now (or is a few miles away anyway).... forget 086 though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Ruu wrote:
    Vodafone Coverage Map and this should be in the Mobiles/PDAs forum.
    These are never accurate. You might as well just make random guesses at where you may and may not have coverage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a national call from a landline to a landline is 8.17c a minute. A lot less than a mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

weeder wrote:
    in trabolgan no meteor converage at all
    o2
    and vodaphone is patchy but can be gotten in parts

Meteor sims should switch to 02 if ther is 02 coverage and no meteor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@skink
    I thought that was only on certain masts in places like the country? f.e. if you're in Dublin and you've got no reception in Dunnes Stores in the Ilac centre on Meteor, but your mate has it with O2... you're not gonna be able to use O2 in that area.

At least that's how I understood it.

ciaranfo wrote:
    @skink
    I thought that was only on certain masts in places like the country? f.e. if you're in Dublin and you've got no reception in Dunnes Stores in the Ilac centre on Meteor, but your mate has it with O2... you're not gonna be able to use O2 in that area.

At least that's how I understood it.
    That's correct, it is only certain cells. Kinda hard to tell which ones actually so I wouldn't depend on Meteor coverage if they haven't got their own equipment there. For example, O2 allow roaming in Tralee and Listowel but not in Newcastle West. Depends entirely on where you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

meldrew wrote:
    Why in Gods name would you want to go to Trabolgan in the first place ? What a hole

I was there last year, and it was great, admittedly I went there because I was bringing my 3 year old daughter away for a week, but if you are bring kids it's one of the best places in the country to go. I even got a hug from Barney.

Back to the query, coverage there is not good at all, around the chalets you may be ok, but in the village or down on the beach, as far as I remember you won't get a thing. The area is effectively a valley going into the sea, so it's a natural blackspot.

What I'd recommend is changing the greeting on your voicemail to say that'll you'll be out of coverage and checking your voicemail regurlary, then jsut leave the phone off (if possible) afterall you are on holidays.

By the way, if you have kids, go the the evening activities early so you get a good seat.

Enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

These are never accurate. You might as well just make random guesses at where you may and may not have coverage :)
    Oh good, it's not just the O2 map, then? I've complained to them several times that they do not have coverage in Carrick, Co Donegal, yet their map indicates 'very high coverage'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

byrnefm wrote:
    Oh good, it's not just the O2 map, then? I've complained to them several times that they do not have coverage in Carrick, Co Donegal, yet their map indicates 'very high coverage'!
    Yep, unfortunately. I find the Meteor one to be particularly bad, it's completely off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Thanks evroyone for the replies!:) Heading down tomorrow, (its a family thing which I couldnt wiggle out of by the way). Will definatly change my voice mail, very good idea! Think ill just rely on the old pay phone it wont kill me to be without my phone for a week!

Advertisement