Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save file corrupted

• 04-06-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

My last two save files have become corrupted, meaning a long trek back through previously done missions. This happen anyone else? Anyway to avoid it happening again?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Happens quite a bit for me actually - the only way around it is to save more regularly. It is a pain in the ass though. It normally happens to the autosaves if the game crashes for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Roen wrote:
    My last two save files have become corrupted, meaning a long trek back through previously done missions. This happen anyone else? Anyway to avoid it happening again?

are you playing on a PC???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Damn tootin' I am, is there a way of editing them?

I am playing on a 360 so I cant really offer advice, my housemate is playing on a PC though so I will have a word with him and see what can be done.

Just a bit of advice for anyone on the 360, keep your inventory small as the bigger it gets the longer the loading times and there is a noticeable pause when opening chests or drawers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

God damn it my saved game is corrupt and my auto save just crashes Oblivion. The only other file I have saved is from level 1. Im level 16 now though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

God damn it my saved game is corrupt and my auto save just crashes Oblivion. The only other file I have saved is from level 1. Im level 16 now though

Only one save slot other than auto? Well, at least you can be content that youve made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SHINRA

never lost a save but sometimes it starts jarring and stops completly doesent matter now its finished.heres a tip to increase your restoration and alteration levels.find a safe place and select either type of magic and get a bottle of tip-ex and turn it upside down balance it on the c button and watch tv!this is an easy way to raise those skills,when you run out of magic let the meter fill up then repeat.if your on the move then just hold down the c button.p.s i was playing as a bretton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

this happens to me when the game crashes so i quick save a lot and also regularly save as well, so the most i have to go back is about 10-20 minutes of gameplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I've had to start all over again and Im only on level 3 now :(:(:(:(:( SAVE REGULARLY KIDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

Yeah I have about 12 save games which I rotate through regularly just incase bad things happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Delete your saves fully and create new ones, don't just over write them. This was the advice given by Bethesda for Morrowind, so after my little brush with save game grief I'll be doing this from now on.

Roen wrote:
    Delete your saves fully and create new ones, don't just over write them. This was the advice given by Bethesda for Morrowind, so after my little brush with save game grief I'll be doing this from now on.

Yeah? Might start doing that so, don't want anything messing up my path to dominance of my imaginary world.

Just wondering if anyone else had an issue with their save files like mine. I loaded a game only to find my weapon to be gone from existence (A nice one I enchanted too) I went back to my store of Daedric gear only to find all the gear I had anywhere in any of my houses was gone too. So I loaded an earlier save only to have the same problem. Fortunately an earlier still file fixed it. It occured around the same time I tried to make a new character for another game so I'm wondering if restarting the game somehow reset the entire world.

Just wondering if anyone else had an issue with their save files like mine. I loaded a game only to find my weapon to be gone from existence (A nice one I enchanted too) I went back to my store of Daedric gear only to find all the gear I had anywhere in any of my houses was gone too. So I loaded an earlier save only to have the same problem. Fortunately an earlier still file fixed it. It occured around the same time I tried to make a new character for another game so I'm wondering if restarting the game somehow reset the entire world.

oh man that could have been serious. did the previous save file fix all the problems as in, even the newest save file had all the weapons back

Vegeta wrote:
    oh man that could have been serious. did the previous save file fix all the problems as in, even the newest save file had all the weapons back

Well my last save file at the time was the one of the new character then the two before that had the bugs in it. It was the one before that which saved my ass but cost me about two hours of gameplay.

Well my last save file at the time was the one of the new character then the two before that had the bugs in it. It was the one before that which saved my ass but cost me about two hours of gameplay.

could have been worse but still ouch

Vegeta wrote:
    could have been worse but still ouch

Oh I learned from my mistake, No more new characters till I'm done with this one.

Advertisement