Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months

Options
  • 04-06-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello I wonder can you help I am 18 and have 3 months off I am farley un fit and I want to get fit so I will run ,how should I go about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Join a local club is the best advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Start out easy
    Dont do too much too soon
    Search google for the 'couch-to-5k' plan

Enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

aburke wrote:
    Dont do too much too soon

I think that's the most important advice you'll get. It's painfully annoying though when you
    want to go out and run but you know you probably shouldn't.

If you're more interested in getting fit than particularly in just running then you could try some low impact cross training on your days off from running? Something that won't strain your muscles/tendons/bones which will take a good while to get used to all the pounding from running.

Swimming, cycling or rowing I'd suggest. Also if you can afford it get a decent pair of runners, though you may want to give it a couple of weeks to see if you stick to the running plan before coughing up for them.

Advertisement