Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car alarm problem, help appreciated

Options
  • 04-06-2006 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

car alarm keeps going off every 5 minutes or so, all windows / doors properly closed,

disconnected the battery in the car to stop it from doing it

anyone know why the alarms doing this?

on a side note, has anyone who's been snapped by the speed camera just past the Ballymun exit of the M50 recently recieved a fine / points in the door ??????? got flashed the other day (in one of the rare occasions when i was lead footed) and wondering if this is one of the few camera's that work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

have you checked the fusebox?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

no, wouldn't know which fuse it'd be, what process would i use in finding a faulty fuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

miju wrote:
    on a side note, has anyone who's been snapped by the speed camera just past the Ballymun exit of the M50 recently recieved a fine / points in the door ??????? got flashed the other day (in one of the rare occasions i was lead footed)

is that speed camera in an 80kmph or 120 kmph zone, I've driven through it a few times and haven't yet been sure whether I was breaking the law or not. It seems you pass the speed camera, then there are small 80kmph signs, as if a larger one had come up already

it's on the actual M50 itself just after the ballymun exit so it's defo 120kmph

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

miju wrote:

northbound miju? definately 120kmph?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

(Off topic)
    On both sides its 120km/h, and i've never heard of anybody getting points from them. The only one I know for certain that works is on the Lucan bypass.
    (Off topicness ends)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I had a similar battery problem, kinda.
    Alarm would go off and car wouldn't start, button to turn off alarm+lock doors didn't help much.
    I had corrosion around the battery and the battery was low so new battery did the job.

I've been flashed by the southbound camera on the M50, I was changing lanes doing about 120km/h, heard nothing. I'd only be seriously worried if you were 10km/h or more over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

miju wrote:

Hope you get clearer directions to the fusebox than you're giving to the speed camera! :)

If you have a handbook for the car, it should tell you where the fuses are located and which fuse is which. A blown fuse will have a gap in the visible wire. You may have to remove the fuse to inspect it, depending on the type and which way it is oriented.

The fault in your alarm may be caused be a loose wire. Do a visual inspection just in case.

Not your ornery onager

lafortezza wrote:
    I had a similar battery problem, kinda.
    Alarm would go off and car wouldn't start, button to turn off alarm+lock doors didn't help much.
    I had corrosion around the battery and the battery was low so new battery did the job.

had a spare battery lying about so changed it last night, problems not resurfaced as of yet, so here's hoping
    lafortezza wrote:

I've been flashed by the southbound camera on the M50, I was changing lanes doing about 120km/h, heard nothing. I'd only be seriously worried if you were 10km/h or more over the limit.

it's the southbound one i've been talking about, it was 3am and empty M50 so lets just say i was slightly more than 10kmph over the limit
    esel wrote:
    Hope you get clearer directions to the fusebox than you're giving to the speed camera!

If you have a handbook for the car, it should tell you where the fuses are located and which fuse is which. A blown fuse will have a gap in the visible wire. You may have to remove the fuse to inspect it, depending on the type and which way it is oriented.

The fault in your alarm may be caused be a loose wire. Do a visual inspection just in case.

directions never really where my fort LOL, thanks fr teh pointers esel i'll remember that for the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

oh man you're gonna hate me for this but its gotta be done!!!
    miju wrote:
    it's the southbound one i've been talking about, it was 3am and empty M50 so lets just say i was slightly more than 10kmph over the limit
    miju wrote:
    how about not being a complete idiot and DONT ****ing speed and make it safer for both yourself and everyone else on the road, the limits there for a reason, sooner you've all your penalty points and off the road the better

:o:o:o

• Advertisement

oh yer some bollix shane, but fairs, fair i was speeding and will more than likely get a ticket / points in the post something which i haven't really bitched about (time......crime....etc, etc) and yer taking that quote a tinchey bit out of context if i remember correctly

ps: at least i got to scare the ever loving ****e out of Wheeler LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I know man I'm just opportunistic!! :D:D

Advertisement