Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay, help please!

Options
  • 04-06-2006 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Always been a fan of Warcraft and MMORPG's so I thought this game would be a dream come true but I've tried it twice now but have never gotten through one month!

I guess it's just I dont ever join a good guild that are willing to help me, but seeing as how this game is one of the most popular MMORPG's ever I've decided I must be missing out on something so I'm gonna give it another bash! (though not til after the Leaving!)

So if any of ye would be as kind to give me some helpful hints be they general gameplay, class, race or whatever or even invite me into a good guild that will help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Now, roll on June 22nd :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My personal advice if you want to get into a good endgame guild is to get your toon to 60 asap (it doesn't take as much time as people think). Pick out a few good guilds, find out who is at a stage you'd like to be at. Get to know people through pvp and doing 5 man dungeons. Try to look like a decent player etc... get to know people in the guild, then apply to join them.

PvP is the best way to do this. If you're a good player you'll get invited back to the guilds group when they are short of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Think I've hit my first barrier! The email address my Auth. code is registered to doesnt work anymore so I cant get my password sent to me again! Can Blizzard help me out on this or will I have to buy the game again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

What chars do you have and what servers do you play on? You can join my guild if you like. We always do instances and raids and use TS all the time so the game becomes allot more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Blizzard support should be able to help you if your email address doesn't work anymore (they will ask for your other details for verification).

So Glad wrote:
    What chars do you have and what servers do you play on? You can join my guild if you like. We always do instances and raids and use TS all the time so the game becomes allot more fun.
    I think my chars have prolly been deleteed by now. I'll be starting again from scratch.

• Advertisement

Don't think they are in a rush to delete anyone's characters. Don't be surprised if they are all still there (you may chose to restart from scratch yourself of course).

Oh cool, I know I prolly sound greedy but if anyone had a Guest Pass they could throw my way it would be great!

Cheers for all the help so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

If you wish to take up end game raiding and want an almost guarnateed invite to raid instance, roll a Dwarf Priest. U will always be wanted.

If you dont like healing, roll a warrior, its more of a challenge to take on the bosses up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

<tongue-in-cheek>

Warrior - More of a challenge ??? wtf
    Sunder Armour, Sunder Armour , Taunt , Sunder Armour.

or Dwarf Priest (or any healer)

omg,omg warrior is 80% , renew
    flash heal, (watch mana)
    AoE hit, renews aplenty (omg watch mana)
    regen - wand
    Flash heal, flash heal, regen , renew, regen, flash
    Greater Heal , (arghhh aggro) fade, run towards warrior
    regen, flash , pot, flash, regen , renew

AND THAT IS ON HOGGER :))

If you want a challenge, roll healer !!

/<tongue-in-cheek>

Fixit
    Innervate
    Outland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

I play a priest and enjoy it most of the time. But warrior is the only other class where it varies a bit betweeen encounters.

Oh and of course a good player anywhere is a gem but particularly healers and tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Drakar wrote:
    Don't think they are in a rush to delete anyone's characters. Don't be surprised if they are all still there (you may chose to restart from scratch yourself of course).

They defintely aren't. I left the game for a year and when I came back all my characters were still there. :)

Blizzard make it very clear that they do not ever delete characters. Even if you delete them yourself I'm pretty sure theres a way they can retrieve them for you. Maybe in some extreme cases of misuse where the issue becomes legal they may be forced to delete character data, but otherwise its never touched.

Hmm if memory serves me correctly I had an NE Hunter around lvl 25. Still wanna start afresh. I usually always pick a hunter/ranger in any RPG I play so it's time for a change up!

Hunters rock. :)

Lack of bag space can be annoying though.

nesf wrote:
    Hunters rock. :)

Lack of bag space can be annoying though.
    They were fun to play but after like 6 years of playinig hunters in various games its time for a change. :D

Slurms wrote:
    They were fun to play but after like 6 years of playinig hunters in various games its time for a change. :D

Yeah it was the same here. I was sick of playing clerics/paladins/priests and rogue/thief types. Hadn't played a ranged weapon character since I rolled a ranger for BGII! :p

nesf wrote:
    Yeah it was the same here. I was sick of playing clerics/paladins/priests and rogue/thief types. Hadn't played a ranged weapon character since I rolled a ranger for BGII! :p
    Oh memories. BGII, the pinnacle of the RPG. Such an incredibly good game!
    Hmm I'm thinking maybe a Druid for WoW as they seem a nice char to have, any opinions?

Interested in PvP or PvE?

Ehm, I'll play a PvP server but I think PvE will take presidence.

Druids are grand in PvE from I've seen. Am not sure about raids, but they are useful in parties since they can fill many gaps and adapt well. A healer that can tank when necessary and vice-versa is useful in instances sometimes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

roll a warrior, you wont go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Uh, yeah you will.

The only class you can take on in 1vs.1 is a rogue and even then...

In group PvP the only way you can be effective is if you have a healer as far as PvE goes a priest is better as healers are always in demand, and by extension a druid > warrior.

I rest my case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Nice to see my post was taken with a pinch of salt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Err, if thats your way of saying you were speaking in jest/sarcasm, I'd just like to draw attention to the medium in which you chose this amazing display of sarcastic gymnastics > Intarweb = written = hard to garner the tone of the message...

'sides, I'm just not used to any post by you thats not some slur against BartonPrince/EpicPriest that I just commented without stopping to ponder for 3-4 days about whether you were joking or not.

On top of ALL this, how is the OP supposed to know you were joking? :o

With all that said, haha, very funny ;)

What's that "winking face type thing" at the end of haha, very funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If you want to be in demand, roll a priest. My guild (and every other guild on the server) is lacking priests (last ZG run, we had to makedo with one priest and four resto druids), so I'm currently levelling one up to fill in that gap. Oh, warlocks are in demand too. I started one the other day and theyre great fun to play.

As a warrior, who MTs my guild for UBRS and ZG, trying to find random PUGs for Dire Maul/BRS/Scholo/Strat, tanks are rarely in demand. If you want regular runs, don't roll a hunter either. Many LFG (looking for group) messages in chat for places like UBRS usually say "LFM UBRS - no hunters or warriors plz".

And FYI, shadow priests are the deadliest in PVP imo. I never lost a 1v1 battle with my priest in 20-29 battlegrounds (apart from against some shamans), and in a few UBRS runs, we had a shadow priest doing DPS, and they out-DPS'd the mages and hunter by a long shot.

Warlocks do seem like alot of fun to play. Druids are interesting because they are flexibile (you can be a healer, a tank, can stealth). Priest can be alot of hard work (though that can make it interesting).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Roll a druid.

Seriously.

We are loved all the time. But not overloved like little fat cocky dwarf priests with their white dresses.

Okay I really have to ask this, depsite me probably looking stupid?
    What's rolling a druid? :p

• Advertisement

Choosing druid as the class of your character.

Making a character is known as "rolling".

Advertisement