Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a good gazpacho recipe?

• 05-06-2006 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has a nice gazpacho recipe?
    I like it a little hot (in the chili sense, not temperature)!

I really love gazpacho in the summertime and just want to know if anyone has perfected a recipe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

There are a range of Gazpacho recipes here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Thanks Yeah!
    I've been to cdkitchen and lots of others.

I just wanted to know if there were any enthuasiasts out there that REALLY love gazpacho and reckon they have the king of recipes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

*ahem*

Blender. A couple of tablespoons of olive oil. A few cloves of garlic. 7 or 8 blanched almonds (sekrit ingredient). A medium green chilli if you want it hot, possibly not advised w/ this weather. Blend.

Add some really, really good quality passata or make your own. De Cecco have a brilliant one- I keep it in the fridge so the whole dish stays super cold. Add a few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Adjust salt/pepper levels.

Chop up some granary bread into rough croutons, rub v. lightly w/ olive oil and pop in the oven. Shake every couple of minutes until golden, then sprinkle over a light dusting of finely grated parmesan while they're still warm but out of the oven.

For veg in the soup, I go for terribly finely sliced celery, spring onions & green peppers (The slicing blade on a food processor is v.good for this), and some small cubes of cucumber. Mix, sprinkle on croutons, eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Nice one. Must try that one. Intrigued by the almonds!!!!

I've never made gazpacho without cucumber, but I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Crap- my last sentence when I said, 'small cubes of celery', I in fact meant 'small cubes of cucumber'. Edited.

Split thread :) - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054942219

• Advertisement
Advertisement