Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions

• 05-06-2006 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I'll post all the details about each of the lans. They are all up for descussion. I'll be posting the times of each of the 4/5 main tourneys. There will be other games/tourneys but the ones here are the ones voted for.

[edit]To accomodate ppl coming in from dublin we will have all tourneys on saturday. Tourneys that we don't get done (hickups and all, will be postphoned till sunday)[/edit]

FRIDAY will be spent on setting up, a few games of what ever is around. Anything u want. Most ppl will be here
    non official WC3 tft
    Version - 1.20d
    Time - Saturday at 10:00
    So the CS:S tourney will be a 5v5 game where teams will not be random. So organise ur team now. By the way I'm not in any team and in relation to Galwaylans I'd rate myself as 5/10.
    If u guys want a random seeded thing let me know, but for now its teams. So a pretty strong team could dominate the whole thing. I'd like at least 2 stong teams for a good final.

The rules are outlined here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054929870

Its a single elimination 5v5 event
    Oh the maps will be de_train, de_aztec, de_dust and de_dust2
    Time - 13.00 on Saturday
    QW - 1v1
    Its a double elimination
    maps: dm6, dm4, dm2, aerowalk, ztndm3
    Version - any will do
    timelimit 10
    Time - saturday at 16:00
    LUNCH AFTER THIS - Do what u want, eating is best tho
    Next Battlefield2. Its a 5 v 5 event. Again teams can be organised before hand. And again I'm free for any team. I'd rate myself as a 6/10 but I am terrible at flying and ****. And I can't do anything complicated in the game, like become commander or join a team and ****, which I believe u get more points in the game for doing... which is lame.

Anyway, its a single elimination like the CS:S. I don't know what kind of rules are availible for this - maps, round time, game time. I think danny/paek can step up to the plate and explain this one.
    Version - 1.3
    Time - 19.00 on saturday
    UT2K4 - 1v1
    MOD - TEAM ARENA MASTER
    Version - 3369
    Time - Saturday at 22:30
    Quake 3 Its a 2v2. Teams will be seeded. It just would be totally unfair otherwise with a 2v2. Its a double elimination as it is easier to get going. OSP 1.03 (not the 1.03a version) is the mod we will be using with the most up to date version of q3 (1.32, I think).
    Maps will be pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney4 and ztn3tourney1
    Timelimit 10, Fraglimit 0, Forced re-spawn 5, Overtime: Sudden Death, Power ups off, Sv_pure 1
    Time - Sunday at 00:30
    COD2 - 5v5
    Version - is there a patch for this?
    Time - Sunday at 11:00
    DOW - 1v1 (it seems like WC3 tft has not been voted for enough, I'll help organise a non official tourney - there really is no difference in official and non official, except for the fact that Its not recognised as a popular game)
    Version - 1.3
    Time - Sunday at 16:00

I'll fill in the rest of the **** later. I expect the server will have all the pathes. If u don't have the games, u'd better buy them quickly...

Note: it may be best to get the games you want up and running before u pay the 10e deposit.

[EDIT] Special prize for the overall winner of "the marathon" - So the more games u enter the more points you gain towards "the marathon"[/EDIT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

On the competition page that we signed up for, qw was listed - not q3..(that is, is there a q3 tourni?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Yes there is both. I should point out that there is a 10e deposit to be paid if u are entering an official competition (a difference between the non-official tourneys) (IE u pay 30 euro for the event. Then 10euro extra to play in a tourney, which u get back if u have been a good boy, when u are leaving)
    The thing is you will get the money back, its an insentive to play the game at the time u are ment to play it at. If you are not around for ur comp u loose ur 10e. There is nothing more stressful for admins to be running around looking for a player that is meant to play.

We hope that everyone gets there 10e back at the end of the night. If not I think the money is going towards prizes if ppl don't turn up for a tourney.

JP get back to me if the signups tell a different story - I don't have access to that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Sniip can you post the versions of the game you are using for the conpetitions so we can have them all patched and ready

Yeah, the latest version in every game. Version for battlefield 2 and COD 2 are on the origional post now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

The lan shall begin at 5pm on the friday. Please do not show up any time before that. The admins are going to be busy getting everything ready including some testing.

the 10e deposit is pay'd when you arrive.
    For the games listed on this site the 10e deposit is applied.

I'll contact Asok now and find out which patches are being used, but dont forget that we shall have all these patches available to you on the friday, just remember to have them installed and set up just before the lan.
    some recent enough updates can be found on the downloads section of the present www.galwaylan.com site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

dates and times of events have been edited. Is everyone cool with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Looks good.

edit - battlefield 2 is a 5v5 not a 6v6
    and marathon prize is up for grabs - to win u need to gain points for winning/2nd/3rd each game you play. The more u play the more points u can gain.

Couldn't we just mill about outside, kicking each other in the nuts, the prize being awarded to the one left standing?

Also: http://www.warsow.net/

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Couldn't we just mill about outside, kicking each other in the nuts, the prize being awarded to the one left standing?

Also: http://www.warsow.net/

Server is already on the online server, so can just be transferred over for the lan I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Sniipe wrote:

QW - 1v1
    Its a double elimination
    maps: dm6, dm4, dm2, aerowalk, ztndm3
    Version - any will do
    timelimit 10
    Time - saturday at 16:00

complete BS imo, should be 2v2. or else give quetzal the prize now.... with 2v2 at least there is a small chance that 2 ok/good players can beat quetzal and a complete **** player....

toxick wrote:
    give quetzal the prize now....

I can't say I read the rest of the post, but I agree 100% with the above.

I believe winners of the QW comp get wedgies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

sniipe wrote:
    random seeded thing
    I would like to see this put into action. I think its the fairest way. Other then that i like the times and games :D

yeah, I put a lot of time an effort into the gaming timetable :D

Anyone else want CS:S random seeded or create ur own team on the day? Its not a big comp so I don't mind what happens.

Anyone want to glue a roll of sandpaper to a bannister and slide down naked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

ill pass Syx, and sniipe it would be ok to create your own teams for a CS:S tourny, we havent done it befor, and it gives it a bit more of a challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

SyxPak wrote:
    Anyone want to glue a roll of sandpaper to a bannister and slide down naked?

I will bring the sandpaper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Apocalypse101

Sniipe wrote:
    yeah, I put a lot of time an effort into the gaming timetable :D

Anyone else want CS:S random seeded or create ur own team on the day? Its not a big comp so I don't mind what happens.

picking our own teams is horribly unfair. I'd rather seed everyone, and make random teams.

• Advertisement

do I have to do a poll on this? CS:S seeded teams or pick ur own. I would love to seed them, but its really really difficult to do. If someone else knows everyone on the list and can seed them then be my guest. The tournament thing we have can seed ppl based on what each person puts in as there profiency. IE I'd say I can beat 70% of ppl at the lan - which seems about right, methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

kek, wc3. weeeeeee

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    kek, wc3. weeeeeee
    ha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

im up for ramdon seeded for css but if we are doing teams i would rate myself as a desient to good player if anyone would kindly invite me to their team :).... sniipe just you descide for seeded or arranged.... flip a coin or something .. everones happy then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Sniipe wrote:

DOW - 1v1 (it seems like WC3 tft has not been voted for enough, I'll help organise a non official tourney - there really is no difference in official and non official, except for the fact that Its not recognised as a popular game)
    Version - 1.3
    Time - Sunday at 16:00
    Version 1.4 is out and readily available, so I'd say switch to that. downgrading DoW is a whore

Sniipe wrote:
    do I have to do a poll on this? CS:S seeded teams or pick ur own. I would love to seed them, but its really really difficult to do. If someone else knows everyone on the list and can seed them then be my guest. The tournament thing we have can seed ppl based on what each person puts in as there profiency. IE I'd say I can beat 70% of ppl at the lan - which seems about right, methinks.

I'll help you seed people if it means it'll be random teams :)

its still 50:50, Who else would prefer seeded or team based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

roite p33ps. prizes are sorted. you will find out what you win when you win :D

time and dates of comps are set. unless a massive influx of requests come in to change them they are good as is. Someone wants to swap CS:S to a later time... Won't do it unless others ask for the change.

• Advertisement

Sniipe wrote:
    COD2 - 5v5
    Version - is there a patch for this?
    Time - Sunday at 11:00
    The current Patch is 1.2

As it happens 1.3 is being officially released tomorrow morning, although its
    available now.

It would probably be best if everyone stayed with 1.2 till thw LAN is over, some people mightn't even know there's a 1.3

Advertisement