Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how this came into being?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Joke out-take, perhaps?

It's very odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Its Stewart saying, Im a respected theatre actor honestly, please believe me, look I do variety too. How English of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

just haveing a bit of fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah, I'm sure it was made for the laugh alright, but I'm curious if this is something they did for comic relief etc... or whether this was something a few of them put together on a slow day that was never meant to be seen.
    I'm hoping there's some interesting story behind it tbh.

I lol'ed at the Q bit ... "Q??!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Its Stewart saying, Im a respected theatre actor honestly, please believe me, look I do variety too. How English of me.

What's being English got to to with anything regarding the original question?. Explain it to me then, Irish style.

• Advertisement

Yay, flame war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yay, flame war!
    It's not a flame war dude, I'm just sick and tired that even the Star Trek forum isn't safe from After-Hours-esque barbed/veiled racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Probably done as a joke, or as part of a "show reel" that sometimes gets shown at the network Christmas parties etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Don't give up the day job...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Laguna wrote:
    It's not a flame war dude, I'm just sick and tired that even the Star Trek forum isn't safe from After-Hours-esque barbed/veiled racism.

Shame it isn’t safe from you either oh mighty self appointed moral guardian of boards :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i would guess that

patrick stewart was *apparently* great craic (so say his co workers),

and that scene was one of his attempts at humor caught on camera,

i didnt see it but missus did on a documentry about patrick stewart on the biography channel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Also while searching for previous posts, I came across this (as posted by ecksor I think) http://hjem.wanadoo.dk/~wan13237/darkmateria_the_picard_song.mp3
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319351
    EDIT, Bah link of vid is dead.

ah, found another link, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2327362306890687814

Nice one... enjoyed that in a way I can't quite describe. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You don't have to describe it, I feel it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I've lost the tiniest bit of respect for him after watching that. For shame, Patric Stewart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Nice one... enjoyed that in a way I can't quite describe. :D
    You don't have to describe it, I feel it.
    Hey fun boys, get a room! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

At the beginning, Stewart says "Gene, you're adorable", so I presume it was made as a tribute to Gene Roddenberry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Laguna wrote:
    What's being English got to to with anything regarding the original question?. Explain it to me then, Irish style.

hold your horses

im not saying anything about him being English Im just suggesting it he was trying to distinguish himself from the American sc-fi actors, its well known he wasn't always entirely happy to be working on that show, in the 'I do Shakepeare ya know' sort of way.

God! that I have to explain.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Fidelis wrote:
    At the beginning, Stewart says "Gene, you're adorable", so I presume it was made as a tribute to Gene Roddenberry.
    That's right. It was a tribute/surprise for Gene R's birthday.

Fidelis wrote:
    Aaaaahhhaaaaaaa... yeah I didn't think of that... I thought he was just saying the letter 'G', since he was doing the whole alphabet thing.
    Then I thought 'A' and 'G' could be someones initials.
    azezil wrote:
    Hey fun boys, get a room! :)
    But the gimp's sleeping... :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement