Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taboo.ie?

Options
  • 05-06-2006 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

So i arrived back in Navan yesterday to find a new club. Anyboy pulled in yet? Any thoughts would be cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Off topic for a little bit but...

Where were you EM? :p

Taboo, is that open yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Yeah wtf is that all about... I walked by some sign with that link on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

/me notes irony...

something taboo in Navan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

I dont live in Navan, i walked by it one day going to the hospital. Its on a sign going into a lane.

... oh its a nightclub..i just looked at the link there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Is it a titty bar? I note the term "exclusive".....

• Advertisement

haha.
    Yeh its gonna be yet another club in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

DMC wrote:
    Is it a titty bar? I note the term "exclusive".....

yeh theres meant to be a strip club part in it

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

draffodx wrote:
    yeh theres meant to be a strip club part in it

please tell me ye're serious or did I miss the sarcasm there!

Titty bar....titty bar

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

think i got way to excited at the mention of a 'you know what' bar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

so i heard, yeh theres meant to be a part of it going to be a strip club, only a rumour though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its a members only club and over 23s. If you gave your email on their website you should have gotten an invitation to the "pre-launch" tomorrow night.

I got a ticket to the pre launch muhahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

did anyone go to the pre launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

sofireland wrote:
    did anyone go to the pre launch?

Its over23 ffs! What a crock, i got the email and wrote back asking why they have such a high age restriction in place, haven't got a reply yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

I wasn't at it but a few of my friends were, they said it was brilliant. Don't know how true that it, it may just have been the fact that there was a free bar :D

This is a members club. I think you sign up maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iou1

new to this..

is taboo really a strip club ?

I've heard it's awkward as f to get in ?? seemingly the old bouncer from Knights is doing the door and is a bit of a yoke!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭deadfingers

Hey I was in Taboo on Saturday night it was ok..no strippers tho!! Also I am 22 and I got in but I will be 23 in August so maybe that could be the reason they let me in..I think the over 23 rule is dumb, the difference between a 21 and 23 year old person is really nothing in regards maturity guess it is looking for a certain crowd. I did not see much advertisements for it, I came upon it by chance as I was walking down to Ryans, the entrance is on the side alley beside extra-vision that could be for planning reasons. I will not be rushing back to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iou1

hey deadfingers, thanks for info - won't chance it so !! 23 is ridiculous seemingly it's owned by Knights.... and is going to be very strict. I'm sticking to the palace !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

The whole 23s thing is kinda stupid. What's the point in that? Less U-18s trying to get in maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I think they`re just trying to segment the market. Get the maxium amount of people out from all ages. 18+ to liquid, 21+ to the Palace, 21+ to the Solar if your foreign it seems and 23+ to this Taboo place.

In saying that my 19 yr old friends got in without being asked for ID and got a members card. They do look their age.

Beau wrote:
    I think they`re just trying to segment the market. Get the maxium amount of people out from all ages. 18+ to liquid, 21+ to the Palace, 21+ to the Solar if your foreign it seems and 23+ to this Taboo place.

In saying that my 19 yr old friends got in without being asked for ID and got a members card. They do look their age.

That 21+ into solar is a myth to me, iv been twice since they implemented that, the bouncer asked me for id, saw that i was 20 and waved me through :D. I think its just there to scare the youngins away, they wont even attempt to con the bouncers but if you rock up and your 19-20 they will probably still let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 badmanjam

Hey all, new to the board and recently moved to Kells for my troubles lol !!
    Have been to Taboo a few times and I personally think the place is fairly decent.
    I was talking to Gerry Boyce (Owner of Knights and Taboo) and he said that the idea of the whole 'Members Only' thing is so that they can control the door without being accused of discrimination..this aids in keeping the club from getting destroyed by foreigners (Not My Words), travellers etc..

He also said that as long as someone is around 20+ (with ID) and not pissed there should be no trouble in them getting in and that the idea of the 'over 23's' is again to scare off 18 year olds. Personally I think this is a good idea, I used to live in Dublin and drank in Barcode in Fairview, really nice spot..Biggest problem I had was I'm 22 and I seen my 16yo cousin in there (I **** you not)..we all know the younger girls and lads of today can make themselves look older and getting a fake ID is piss easy !!

The Dj last night was advertising the new Bebo page,http://taboonightclub.bebo.com, few pics of the place are up there so take a look..I'm off there tonight, at least I know I'm not gonna end up chattin' up a 15yo haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Some pretty hot chicks in Navan I see :) go on the bebo.. And girls, stop bloking your profile :) its stopping me from perving :)

lol at this over23 buisness, my sister's 19 and her and all her friends got in last nite :D.

PS: Kaks, you better no be perving at my sister :eek: , she loves this bebo thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 badmanjam

Yeah but it's alright to perv at the 19yo's haha..Well class night there last Friday !! Dj was bangin out everythin from rock to Tiesto !! HEadin back there this Friday for some pre: Oxygen drinks :) ...Oh..for those of u who like to perv, like me haha, the had a really hot female dancers der on Friday, sexy lil beyatches !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol at this over23 buisness, my sister's 19 and her and all her friends got in last nite :D.

PS: Kaks, you better no be perving at my sister :eek: , she loves this bebo thing....

Give me here address there will you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Must check this place out the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

So is the place a strip club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

No

Advertisement