Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girl trouble

• 05-06-2006 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right so let me begin, Im 18 a shyishguy, niceguy and have never met (kissed) a single girl in my life. I used to have a lot of friends when i was 13ish and seemed to have lost them all, drifted apart. Basically im a loner doing nothing on weekends or nights except maybe a few drinks with my family. I feel like absolute ****, people i knew younger than me are having more fun than i ever had. I go to a mixed school and am absolutley, in love with this one girl. I have made smalltalk with her a fewtimes and even gave her a few looks on the school trip, she did the same as we made eyes the whole trip. She has made quite a few efforts to talk to me bur i always **** them up by saying something stupid are totally freezing. I have now left the school but still cant stop thinking about her. My question is Have i interpreted her actions as advances or am i just a lovestruck loner pining for the one he cant have? Would it be weird to get in contact with her even though we've left school? If she did respond, would she think im a total freak with no friends? I have overheard her talking to friends and that and class, its her personality that attracts me to her, i dont know how to describe it, she couldnt be anymore beautiful in my eyes.

holy crap that was a long question!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

seize the day, you dont want no regrets when you look back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Why don't you just ask her out? The worst she can do is say no. If she does, then at least you tried. If she says yes, you will be glad you did.

Why are you giving yourself such a hard time over friends? It isn't that unusual to lose touch with friends, especially at your own age. They tend to go off to different colleges, some start working, some travel.

If it really bothers you, why don't you take up some hobbies / join clubs where you can meet people that you have something in common with.

Everyone is different. Some like to be in fairly steady contact with friends, and there are others who like to hook up every now and again. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Best of luck.

Advertisement