Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Company Banking Error!

Options
  • 05-06-2006 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if you could give me your thoughts on the following scenario:

"An Insurance Company is to pay a Courrier Company €1,000. When they go to transfer the money to the Courrier Company account they incorectly enter the bank account number. Therefore this €1,000 is in someone elses account.

Question: Who are the losers and winners?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

loser: insurance company
    winner: mystery account owner

so long as courrier company can prove they gave the right account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

the transfer will not likely be done if details of payee do not match the bank records. my mate did this mistake few years back for a couple of hundred euros. the money went out of his account, he notified the bank and it was reversed a few days later as the bank could not find the appropriate payee account.

mart

Advertisement