Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Weekend

Options
  • 05-06-2006 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey

I am thinking about coming to limerick from belfast some time in july.

any good clubs and pubs in the town/ city?

Im from belfast so what would be the chances of me being linched by a NED (Non Educated Delinquent)?

And just how big is limerick, are there many designer shops?

Any do's and dont's for my visit?

Cheers
    Chrisy B (Belfast) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

Hi Chrisy,

Limerick has some great shopping within the city and also outside. Just outside the city (10 mins by bus is the Crescent Shopping centre)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescent_Shopping_Centre

For pubs, clubs and restaurants, it depends on what you are looking for, the 2 main clubs are www.trinityrooms.ie and http://www.iconniteclub.com/

Some nice restaurants here - http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Ireland/County_Limerick/Limerick-295063/Restaurants-Limerick-TG-C-1.html

Lots more to be found here - http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Ireland/County_Limerick/Limerick-295063/TravelGuide-Limerick.html

All in all, I really love this city. There's so much to do (despite what some people will probably say!) - Limerick hasn't got the best reputation over the past few years.

But for a city 10-15 years ago, where the saying went - "The Best thing in Limerick was the Road to Dublin", it really has changed and turned around so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chrisy01

Cheers thanks for the links ETC.

Laters ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I'm heading down to Limerick for a hen party this weekend, which is the best night club to go to? Also what are the best pubs to go to?

Hi Mandz,
    Best club by far is Trinity Rooms by the Granary (anyone will tell you where it is) Icon is also a good club, but depends on your preference...Trinity gets the older(ish!) and better crowd. Best pubs are around the Market area - Mojo, Old Quarter, Cornmarket, Smyths...try Nancy Blakes - its got a great big open smoking area but it'll be fairly packed! Other good pubs are Pier one - for quiet drink, The Bank & also Clohessy's- which have an older crowd.
    It really depends on your age & crowd preference?!

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

The best shopping areas are probably the Cruises/William street area of the city centre and the Crescent shopping centre in Raheen. There are a few designer shops: FCUK on William Street, Brown Thomas on O'Connell Street, Tommy Hillfiger in the Crescent Shopping centre, and maybe some more I can't think of. Theres Zara, H&M and River Island in the Crescent too.

I'd agree that Trinity Rooms is the best club in town but Costellos has the best music (even though it's a complete dive). Pubs I like that haven't been mentioned are the Wicked Chicken (hard to find) or for a quiet drink on a warm evening, The Locke Bar.

Dos and Donts? Do eat at the Clarion if you have a bit of cash. Don't stay on d'Island too late.

• Advertisement

I'd agree with you on all that Cardinal...Im not a huge fan of Costolloes but the music can be good there. Costelloes & the Wicked Chicken and don't forget Mickey Martins are totally studenty/arty pubs which is cool if its what you're looking for.

I don't know how I could have left out the Locke! A warm evening sipping beer outside the Locke, where else would you want to be!!!

For eating try the Wild Onion for Brekkie and Texas Steak Out (Steaks) / Luigi Malones (European) or the Jasmine (Chinese). Ive heard the new Thai place beside Texas Steak Out is supposed to be really nice.

What kind of pubs/clubs/resteraunts are you into Mandz?

Hugh

Advertisement