Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diverting number

• 05-06-2006 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I was on 02 for the past couple of years. I meet my girlfriend. We do a lot of txting and she was on meteor, so I changed to meteor. I still wanted to keep my 02 sim. Anyway, I was wondering can I divert all calls and txts to my new number? I went into my phone to try and do it, but I can't.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

o2 dont allow it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can divert calls but not texts. why not port your o2 number onto your meteor sim and you can have the best of both worlds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

you can divert calls but not texts. why not port your o2 number onto your meteor sim and you can have the best of both worlds

What do you mean by port?

What do you mean by port?
    you can move your 086 number onto a meteor sim card and throw out the o2 one. then you'll be on meteor but have an 086 number. i have an 087 but i'm on meteor.

this is how you do it:

phone up meteor on 1905 and say you want to port your o2 number. they'll ask for the meteor number, the original pin off it and your o2 number. they'll ring the o2 number to make sure you actually own it and bob's your uncle. your o2 sim will gradually lose coverage over two hours and then die and it'll move over to the meteor sim

the fact that you've been using the meteor number for a while could cause complications but if they won't do it because its been used for too long, just go out and buy a new meteor sim and port onto that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can't divert to anything but voicemail on speakeasy. You can't divert texts on any network.

• Advertisement

the fact that you've been using the meteor number for a while could cause complications but if they won't do it because its been used for too long, just go out and buy a new meteor sim and port onto that
    Back in November 2004 I did a port on a SIM I had since August and there wasn't a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

you can move your 086 number onto a meteor sim card and throw out the o2 one. then you'll be on meteor but have an 086 number. i have an 087 but i'm on meteor.

this is how you do it:

phone up meteor on 1905 and say you want to port your o2 number. they'll ask for the meteor number, the original pin off it and your o2 number. they'll ring the o2 number to make sure you actually own it and bob's your uncle. your o2 sim will gradually lose coverage over two hours and then die and it'll move over to the meteor sim

Yeah but I wanted to have two networks, so I can switch when it is cheaper.

Yeah but I wanted to have two networks, so I can switch when it is cheaper.
    meteor is always cheaper, except possibly for roaming since o2 brought this new thing in a few weeks ago. i'm getting an o2 sim when i go abroad next month and throwing it out after.

meteor daytime:40c (or 5c at all times to meteor if you sign up)
    meteor off-peak:13c (or 5c as above)
    meteor voicemail: free
    meteor text:9c (or free to meteor if you sign up, or 5c to all networks if you sign up)

o2 daytime:
    o2-o2: 55c
    o2-other:63c

o2 off-peak:
    o2-o2:15c
    o2-other:19c

o2 voicemail:15c

o2-o2 text:11c
    o2-other text:13c

as i said, meteor is always cheaper

also, even if you could divert all calls and texts, you then pay to receive all your calls so it'll never be cheaper that way. if you want both i'd advise you port your number and then get an o2 sim pack with a new number for a tenner

ciaranfo wrote:
    You can't divert to anything but voicemail on speakeasy. You can't divert texts on any network.
    thats the gayest thing i've ever seen, and i've seen brokeback mountain

I don't follow

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    I don't follow
    its gay that you can only divert to voicemail. i'd heard this but i didn't think they'd be that scabby

Ah, right. There's gotta be incentives to switch from prepay to postpay I guess, so there's always gonna be a divide. My understanding was that Voda and Met were the same, not sure about 3Pay though...

ciaranfo wrote:
    Ah, right. There's gotta be incentives to switch from prepay to postpay I guess, so there's always gonna be a divide. My understanding was that Voda and Met were the same, not sure about 3Pay though...
    met definitely isn't. i'll tell you later if voda is

Advertisement