Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Well done that man.^

I'm pleased for you mate. :cool:

Edit: I wasn't talking about Enii obviously. (No offence Enii)

No offence taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Some of the 2nd Arts mode 2 are out... but still not mine! How am I supposed to go to work with this hanging over me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

yep, not sure if 2nd Arts Mode 2's are out, actually i dont think they are, but the Mode 1's are coming out, everrrr sooooo slowwwwllllyyyy.....

Are you in 2nd Econ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 darth insidiari

Enii wrote:
    Can someone tell me did I get a 2:1 or what. I got 70% in one subject and 64% in the other.

These rules could just be with each subject. See the examination guidelines:

Mode II regulations applicable to Mode I English
    • Two subjects each 1000 marks.
    • Honours will be awarded on the aggregate mark as follows:
    First Class Honours: 70% of the marks available, with not less than 60% in any subject.
    Second Class Honours, Grade I: 60% with not less than 50% in any subject.
    Second Class Honours, Grade II: 50% with not less than 45% in any subject.
    Third Class Honours: 45% with not less than 40% in any subject.
    Pass 40% with not less than 35% in any subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Despite all the odds and the lack of study, the lure of the pub and the smoking at the wall, the fact that I don't know where the library is and all that jazz... I got a 2:1!!

I'm a jammy git!! MA here I come!!! :D A new crop of first years to corrupt too!!! Life is great...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 queen_kala

i went in and asked my depts if i had passed or not, history told me but archaeology refused, so i know i passed history, no grade or anything, but i want my archaeology result.

why are we the last ppl to recieve their results, thats sooo unfair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 si6

How F*CKING MISERABLE can a department be....It's my Finals I've worked my ass off, and they give 69.4%!!!!!

Seriously, 70 % is a first, and they gave me 69.4%!! I'm just so bummed out..... .6!! MISERABLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

With a mark as close as that the exams board would have examined your work closely (including course work during the year) and would have made a decision on whether to give you the benefit of the doubt or not. Obviously in this case for what ever reason they decided not. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 darth insidiari

Talk to the dept. That's just not on. It may have been a mistake. If you make a fuss it might be easier for them to just give you .6% than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Finally out

2.2s in English and Philosophy. (take that continuous assesment!)

/Huge sigh of relief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

does anyone here do second year archaeology and sociology, and are your results out yet? i am convinced my exbf is fibbing to me and just doesn't want to tell me what he got. (for an entire year he told me he was in third year when he was actually repeating second year. odd man that.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 queen_kala

i do archaeology and i just got my results!!!! 2.2 in both arch and history, im a very happy bunny!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Congrats queenkala and pretty*monster!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

2.1 in English and 2.2 in History. Thank the lord. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got my results:

History 51% Final Grade: EX

Politics 28% Final grade: Fail

Does anyone now what 'EX' means? :confused:

Failing politics is no big surprise since I only found out the night before the exams that one of my courses required a project rather than a written exam so that meant more marks lost.

Ah well. It's a kick up the arse that has been coming for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

EX = Exempt, did you transfer to UCD from another college? Also.. "The grade EX is not included in the grade point average but is shown on the transcript"

YeAh! wrote:
    EX = Exempt, did you transfer to UCD from another college? Also.. "The grade EX is not included in the grade point average but is shown on the transcript"

Exempt from what? Having to repeat it?

Exempt from what? Having to repeat it?
    afaik, yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Got my results:

History 51% Final Grade: EX

Politics 28% Final grade: Fail
    Ah don't worry bout it. Sure it's better than I did in 2nd yr Summer exams, and look at me now!:D In 2005 Summer exams I got 45% in History and 18% in Politics. Passed on the repeats.

You'll be grand. Good luck in the Autumn mate!:)

EDIT: Congrats elmyra, knew you'd walk those exams!

• Advertisement

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ah don't worry bout it. Sure it's better than I did in 2nd yr Summer exams, and look at me now!:D In 2005 Summer exams I got 45% in History and 18% in Politics. Passed on the repeats.

You'll be grand. Good luck in the Autumn mate!:)

EDIT: Congrats elmyra, knew you'd walk those exams!

Thanks but I'm wondering if I should even bother doing the repeats. One of my courses required an essay for marks but I didn't do it.

Also, I didn't attend tutorials and I only did a few essays.

I imagine it's virtually impossible to pass through the repeats since I was too damn lazy during the year.

I imagine it's virtually impossible to pass through the repeats since I was too damn lazy during the year.
    Go talk to the dept and find out what you need to do in order to pass. You might be correct in that you haven't done enough of the required course work. But if they will allow you to pass if you jsut sit the autumn repeats, then you have plenty of time to study for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

yay, they're finally out!! 2.1 in history and 2.2 in politics. Kinda disappointed with the 2.2 even though it's exactly what i expected after a disaster paper 4... but still. it's only because i dropped 15.5% from last year! but delighted with history.

No coming home from Canada, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Twas scary.....ECON 2100.....2:2!!!

As a word - relief sometimes doesn't do it justice does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Commerce results due out today and still no sign..... where's my degree?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Why must they torture us like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Because they hate you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As long as UCD'S Politics Department can stand my right wing rhetoric and extreme Christian views, i think i shall be back next year to roam the campus day in day out, shocking a new bunch of female freshers, with my dashing good looks, and whitty charm, which can sometimes be tempered with occasional innuendo. Man those women love me, and boy do i love them. Go UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Het-Field wrote:
    As long as UCD'S Politics Department can stand my right wing rhetoric and extreme Christian views, i think i shall be back next year to roam the campus day in day out, shocking a new bunch of female freshers, with my dashing good looks, and whitty charm, which can sometimes be tempered with occasional innuendo. Man those women love me, and boy do i love them. Go UCD

That has to be Paddy :p

I take it you got the grades for the masters then. Congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

That's what I said earlier but I was afraid that I might get in trouble with the mods.

Welcome Paddy to Boards.ie!!

Advertisement