Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

btw last semester a D- was a compenated pass. PC still for provisional compensation? It does still say on SIS that these results are provisional?

Edit: o nm, thats there for traditional students.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hey BK-Dzr are you sure that you'll have to repeat the year?
    Ask to see if you could repeat the project maybe...
    And get your grade reviewed..it could well be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Definitely see if you can get the project reviewed. If you put that much work into it it's very odd that you got an F :confused:

Won't hurt...

Well the they are both core subjects. I wouldnt have to repeat everything. Just those 2 subjects (i cant even resit the maths as apparently F means you must redo it all).

Im gonna get the project reviewed for sure. I really cant understand the F.
    I cant just repeat the project as its a group thing. This was made fairly clear. if you fail you'll be sitting there again next year.

Id love to be able to repeat the maths in autumn as if i can pass it then thats €500 squids less to have to pay next year (works out at about 500 per module to repeat for me).

InFront wrote:
    ARGH HASNT ANYBODY FAILED YET??:eek:

Im picturing me and like 5 others in the entire RDS next august becuase we're "special"

*High five*

Go team special:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

that's a load of balls man, there's no way you deserve to fail SEP! email Joe (don't post in the forum) and ask if it can be rechecked, i'll vouch for the fact that you were the most capable programmer on the team, and I'm sure so will Chris!

ill email him tomorrow and see what the story is alright.

I did have a lower pre-project grade than you m8. I guess thats what ****ed me over. I worked out that i needed 50% in the project to pass. Guess we didnt make that :(

Meh, really wasnt expecting that at all. Even an E would hurt less but a total F :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea get a recheck on project. But note that just because one group member got a higher mark does not mean you should get one too. I've given 2.1's and first's to group members and failed another.

But if you talk to Joe he might be able to shed some light on your project breakdown.

As a side note: a+? b-? GPA? WTF????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

10 months ago Zane shed the tears endlessly when he failed his repeats.........

10 months on he's finally in 2nd year!!!!!! :):):):):):)

Got yet another C in whatever Archaeology module I was doing which was all I need to pass the year so I'm living up to the matel of being a straight C student but I don't care.... I'm ****ing extatic! I'm never ever repeating a year again. Woohooo getting shitfaced tonight!!!! :D

B-K-DzR - You'll definitely have an opportunity to get your grade reviewed or at worst have to re-do the project or do another project over the summer.

Congrats everyone who passed. Scraggs, B-K-DzR - repeats will be shit but if you can start putting in solid studying now it will be all worth it.

Intro to Programming II A+

Intro to Comp Architecture A+

Physics of our Environment A+

Physics of the Quantum World A

Mathematical Modelling II A+

Mech & Special Relativity A+

Diff & Integral Calc A-

Good old first year exams. There's nothing like them. :)
    Congratulations DaveMcG, you can go interrailing now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

how come my results aren't up yet?.......is.....is.....it cause they're trying to work out how smart i am?:o

They were up for a while but they've been down for the last hour or so.

They were up for a while but they've been down for the last hour or so.
    Did they say when they'd be back?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Well the they are both core subjects. I wouldnt have to repeat everything. Just those 2 subjects (i cant even resit the maths as apparently F means you must redo it all).

Im gonna get the project reviewed for sure. I really cant understand the F.
    I cant just repeat the project as its a group thing. This was made fairly clear. if you fail you'll be sitting there again next year.

Id love to be able to repeat the maths in autumn as if i can pass it then thats €500 squids less to have to pay next year (works out at about 500 per module to repeat for me).

Ah frick, is it really €500 to repeat that software eng project class? Frickety frick. :(

got mine there, 3c+'s, 2b's and a b+. Meh

Mine still aren't up on SIS.

PaulDoh wrote:
    Mine still aren't up on SIS.
    hit refresh a few times

griffdaddy wrote:
    hit refresh a few times
    Nah I've logged out and logged back in and all and still nothing. I'll give it a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

all results for all years may not be up yet. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Have you got them up yet Paul? No sign of mine atm...

I'm first year arts

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    Have you got them up yet Paul? No sign of mine atm...

I'm first year arts

No, I'm still waiting. I might just leave it and check back around 5pm.

Last night there was one of those announcement thingys saying that it would be down today and tomorrow so maybe thats the problem? [mine are gone too..and good riddance!]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I heard today that there was actually an 80% fail rate for the SEP in first year, so your definitely not alone B-K-DzR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blowfish wrote:
    I heard today that there was actually an 80% fail rate for the SEP in first year, so your definitely not alone B-K-DzR
    Who the heck told ya that?! That's alot of failure! I got the impression that if you made the tinest bit of effort he'd pass you... He'd hardly make over 100 people repeat the year would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I remember somone saying somthing about the Uni predicting a 50% fail rate in 1st Arts this year

Blowfish wrote:
    80% failing a first year course (and the SEP at that)???. Either the course work was set too high, or you're all retarded/bunch of wasters.

If that figure is true I'm quite amazed. From my experience of marking SEP's, unless you did no work what so ever you still got a min of 40%. It's usually the easiest module to get a high mark in, ime. So for 80% of class to fail would either mean most of you did no work, the course work was too difficult for most people, or you were really marked strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

DaveMcG wrote:
    Who the heck told ya that?! That's alot of failure! I got the impression that if you made the tinest bit of effort he'd pass you... He'd hardly make over 100 people repeat the year would he?
    Aaron Quigley. tbh our project in third year wasn't particularly impressive, but we managed to get 67%, despite the fact 2 of our group didn't write any code, so I don't know what the story with the first year one is, and why it was so bad.

Grimes wrote:
    I remember somone saying somthing about the Uni predicting a 50% fail rate in 1st Arts this year
    I'd expect a figure like that. In arts i think it's common for first years to sign up for three subjects and jsut not like one, not really knowing what they're getting into. They then fail this subject but pass the others. Which leads to high failure rate in 1st year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

me no have results until the 6th, me not happy :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

My fricking results aren't up other people have got them, and they're giving me hassle thinking I'm lying to them!!

Jeez ****ing results!

Advertisement