Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

are you 1st year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

the site was down earlier.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Exam+Results&word2=No+Exam+Results

Did a google fight between Exam Results and No Exam Results

Exam Results won!
    Dont know if thats good or not?!

I'll keep checking SIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Blowfish wrote:
    I heard today that there was actually an 80% fail rate for the SEP in first year, so your definitely not alone B-K-DzR
    thats absolutely crazy for a project - especially because you have to repeat the year with it. It can't be right though, they wouldnt have 80% of students repeating the year. Hard luck Scraggs, I know how it feels to be that dissapointed after putting in the work :( Abd BDZKR you should definitely get thyat project rechecked asap. Btw I echo Robins comment, whats all this about A's and B's and GPA's? In my day it was a first, 2-1, 2-2, pass or fail!

• Advertisement

blondie83 wrote:
    Btw I echo Robins comment, whats all this about A's and B's and GPA's? In my day it was a first, 2-1, 2-2, pass or fail!

Its changed blondie, times change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Chakar wrote:
    Its changed blondie, times change!!
    Indeed.... hands up who remembers foster dollars??? Ah them were the days....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

blondie83 wrote:
    thats absolutely crazy for a project - especially because you have to repeat the year with it. It can't be right though, they wouldnt have 80% of students repeating the year. Hard luck Scraggs, I know how it feels to be that dissapointed after putting in the work :( Abd BDZKR you should definitely get thyat project rechecked asap. Btw I echo Robins comment, whats all this about A's and B's and GPA's? In my day it was a first, 2-1, 2-2, pass or fail!
    Yeah it is crazy, but not all of them will have to repeat, like DaveMcG, some will pass by compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

blondie83 wrote:
    Btw I echo Robins comment, whats all this about A's and B's and GPA's? In my day it was a first, 2-1, 2-2, pass or fail!

To me it just screams "How American we make UCD?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grimes wrote:
    I remember somone saying somthing about the Uni predicting a 50% fail rate in 1st Arts this year

Yup, going on attendance and completion of corsework it was certainly speculated (by the BA programme board anyway) that 1st year failure rates would be up this year.

So well done to everyone who passed.

And I echo the As Bs and GPAs are weird sentiment.

• Advertisement

I did all my essays and coursework.Studied for my summer exams even in the Easter break when everyone was at USI.I passed my Xmas exams so hopefully later when I find out my results my work will have paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blowfish wrote:
    but we managed to get 67%, despite the fact 2 of our group didn't write any code, so I don't know what the story with the first year one is, and why it was so bad.
    I just wish we'd been given a breakdown of our marks... I only know that I have a 66% average for 2nd CS overall. For our project, 3 of the group wrote no code (6 in the group) and I wrote about 80% of the code overall... I know that the other 5 people in my group all failed 2nd CS though.

Breakdown is normally on the transcript they post out to you later in the summer. (Assuming they do such a thing still).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They didn't send out transcripts last year... I would have laughed if I'd seen mine, I had a 7.8% average last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah frick, is it really €500 to repeat that software eng project class? Frickety frick.
    It depends. The cost of repeating the year is a % of the amount of credits you need. I payed 6,000 to do 1st year CS in comp sci (denominated) so 1 12th of €6k is 500 (+reg fees etc). If your doing it through arts then it would ve 1/12th of like €4k which is 334 ish.

This is guess work on my part going from the info thats available.

Joe said at the start of the year that it would be much harder than previous years so that we would be more able for the work in 2nd year which many found very tough. Meh

Well I'm sure if you contacted the exam office once the rush of phone calls due to results coming out die down they'll might provide you with breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Grimes wrote:
    I remember somone saying somthing about the Uni predicting a 50% fail rate in 1st Arts this year

I do expect failure rates to be up this year due to the fragmentation of courses due to modularisation but if failure rates were at 50% for 1st Arts it would be quite damning for modularisation and the college authorities. From statisitics I've looked at, 1st Arts usually has around a 72% successful completion rate (after repeats) with on average about 15% of students actually failing the year, the rest withdrew or did not complete for various reasons.
    Intro to Programming II A+

Intro to Comp Architecture A+

Physics of our Environment A+

Physics of the Quantum World A

Mathematical Modelling II A+

Mech & Special Relativity A+

Diff & Integral Calc A-

Good old first year exams. There's nothing like them. :)
    Congratulations DaveMcG, you can go interrailing now! :D

Wow! Congratulations brains.

Originally Posted by Aristotle
    Intro to Programming II A+

Intro to Comp Architecture A+

Physics of our Environment A+

Physics of the Quantum World A

Mathematical Modelling II A+

Mech & Special Relativity A+

Diff & Integral Calc A-

Good old first year exams. There's nothing like them.
    Congratulations DaveMcG, you can go interrailing now!

I concur, you obviously worked hard throughout the year.Well done to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

My results are not up, I find this to be extremely frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Although that mild sense of frustration has now turned into one of happiness:

ENG 10040 Getting Medieval: Early Eng C+

PHIL 10050 Intro to Phil Anthropology C+

Disimproved on Christmas but considering one of the subjects is one I loathe with all my heart (Philosophy,which, I will now certainly never have to do again!) Im extremely happy.

Edit: Forgot to congratulate those who passed and stuff - well done! To those who didnt as long as you study pretty hard for August like I didnt last year you should have no bother. Was told last year that in philosophy its only one in ten who sit repeat papers fail so dont worry unless you're like me who was that one in ten due to not studying at all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhh it wont let me log on, the suspense is killing me! *refresh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Argh, fekin thing won't work. I finally get online + this... DAMN IT

just keep tryin it loaded up for me eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Got em, wa-hey, 2nd year here I come.

K TOTALLY hard done by in my practicals, but whatever, I passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did the threads get merged? I woulda thought it would be better to have a seperate thread for the results, and one for the pre-results discussion.

for some reason my 2 E's from last semester were not compensated for and got 2 F's this semester - all god damn elective's. 40 out of 60 credits. Think I better join the dole qeue........

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Still no results... UCD, why do you hate me!?

I guess the do i/don't i have a degree curiousity will remain unanswered until next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

How come everyone else in Quinn 2nd Year was timetabled with mine for next Wednesday, and they all got them yesterday?! And even though I contented myself with 'hey, I'm fully modular and have 30 Arts credits, It'll show up with the other modular results at 5pm', and I come back at 7pm, and nothing!

Curses. Ah well, it's only second year, not like it counts or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Second year counts for me.
    The results become official on the day of the board meeting, most of Quinn school's were on Tuesday. So i think they give themselves a week to put em up, to be safe, when in fact it only takes a day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Any word about 2nd Arts results? anybody? :(

Advertisement