Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

no sign of them yet economaniac. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I passed, which means i won't be comin home from chicago early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My brother got two PC grades in his exams, he goes to WIT. That's a fail down there. Hope all is ok Dave, and that the same system doesn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

does anyone know what the craic is if you fail an elective from a faculty other than arts which is mainly graded on continuous assessment? I assume you cant just sit a repeat exam and pass it. Someone mentioned something about doing extra electives next year to compensate but it's all a bit unclear. Anyone here in the same situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

First for the year, 50% of my degree! Roll on 4th year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I passed, which means i won't be comin home from chicago early :)

Well you would wouldn't you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blush_01 wrote:
    My brother got two PC grades in his exams, he goes to WIT. That's a fail down there. Hope all is ok Dave, and that the same system doesn't apply.
    Cheers Blush!

This is what it says here
    http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/

A+ 4.2 Excellent
    A 4
    A- 3.8
    B+ 3.6 Very Good
    B 3.4
    B- 3.2
    C+ 3 Good
    C 2.8
    C- 2.6
    D+ 2.4 Pass
    D 2.2
    D- 2
    E 1.8 Marginal Fail, may compensate *
    PCM 2.0 Pass with Compensation
    F 0 Fail **

It says 'PC' on the SIS, as opposed to 'PCM'... I assume it's the same, but am afraid to relax too much :( I f*cking hate exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

What does PC mean?

Passed everything but managed a D in Psycology. How dumb must I be?:rolleyes:

EDIT: Just read above post but still don't understand PC

Passed everything but managed a D in Psycology. How dumb must I be?:rolleyes:

ehh... cheers for that, horse...!

It was a D+ so my retardation is minor.
    Why am I a horse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Firespinner I have to say thats not very nice!
    I got a big fat E in that Psych module and I've never failed anything in my life [well til this year anyway:(]

Thats different, you only failed because Grimes kept distracting you.
    My 5th proverb - *Wise is a man who can divert a woman's ire*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I may have a short attention span but I could still kick your ass
    No one can escape my wrath:mad::D :p

Scraggs' 5th Proverb -
    *Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned*

Why am I a horse?

I call people horse all the time, tis just the way of the world... Variations on horse include boss, bud, kid, mate, lad, ned, etc.

Enjoy it while you still can!

Scraggs wrote:
    I may have a short attention span but I could still kick your ass
    No one can escape my wrath:mad::D :p

Scraggs' 5th Proverb -
    *Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned*

Ah, yes, but I didn't steal mine from a 600 year dead play-write and (mediocre) poet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

He could probably spell playwright despite his alleged mediocrity though :p

Incidentally, welcome back Stephen.

elmyra wrote:
    Incidentally, welcome back Stephen.
    Thank you. I had to sell my body for cigarettes to the prison warden but I made it.

Oh and originally, I spelt it playright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Intro to Programming II: A+
    Software Engineering: C+
    Quantitative Economics: A+
    Information Design: C+
    Information and Society: C-
    History of Psychology: A-

Programming was pretty much as expected. Dunno if I expected quite so high though.
    Wasn't really happy with the SEP until reading Blowfish's post :eek: After seeing that, I guess it's really not bad considering we were running a two-man team.

Quantitative Economics I was, obviously very pleased with.

The Information Studies stuff was a load of arse anyway, and I never really put much effort into it. Guess I'm just glad that I won't have to go back in August to do them again or anything. Certainly won't be touching them next year!

History of Psychology....What can I say? Hated this module, put in below minimum amounts of effort bar the day before the exam, and skipped most of the lectures. In conclusion, what the hell?! Happy though, obviously.

Bkdzr, that was really unlucky with the project. You should definitely talk to Joe or the TAs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

If you only got a C+ m8 then i think i should be happy i didnt get a ng :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Thank you. I had to sell my body for cigarettes to the prison warden but I made it.

Oh and originally, I spelt it playright.

Okay... I can't leave this unsaid: Either way you spelt it playWRONG.

*gets his coat*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I did all good apart from the Software Engineering Project. My team got straigh F's. A fair amount of work went into it too. I got two other E's bumped up to PC's, but thanks to the project, I'm gonna have to repeat the whole year!:mad:
    I just hope an appeal/recheck will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Intro To Programming II : B+
    Intro To Computer Architecture : C
    Formal Foundations : A-
    Software Engineering Project : B-
    Calculus and Statistics : PC
    History, Ireland: Union and Disunion : PC

History, became boring after the first couple of lectures so that went down the tube.. :P

Calculus and Statistics simply annoyed me. I should have put more effort in but i put my time into the Project instead.

From what i have heard about the Project, i consider myself lucky. I just dont understand how a module that had an 80% failure rate can be considered valid...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Intro to Canadian studies II :) - B
    Roman hist and arch - B
    High middle ages 1000-1500 - B
    Expanding horizons AD800 - 1800 - B-
    Ireland union and disunion - B-
    Roman lit and culture - C+

oooooooooo yeah, those results far outdid my own meagre expectations for myself so I'm tres tres happy. Especially with Archaeology, my mates had had difficulties passing the 1st semester module and I'd thought my general lack of lecture attendence was gonna cost me dearly but thankfully not. To reiterate, oooooooooo yeah!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 darth insidiari

Still no results for 2nd or 3rd years. Has anyone heard anything? It's looking like they'll acually wait until the official date this year. Arg...I wanna know if I'm doing a masters or not. Difficult to make plans when I've no idea what I'm doing for the next year. Sorry bout the moanin but it's really making me nervous. I check SIS abot 10 times a day. It's just not healthy.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Be sure to post here if 3rd years are out because I'm refusing to look until I know they're up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah i'm leaving for cork later and i was praying they'd be up before i left. Don't make me wait til saturday when i get back.
    *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Yeah i'm leaving for cork later and i was praying they'd be up before i left. Don't make me wait til saturday when i get back.
    *sob*

no internet in cork? haha, classic! i hate UCD, i mean, wat the hell! to think that we should have to wait until the STATED release date to get our results, psssf the cheek of them!

oh well, i'll be in america this time 48 hours, and i'm 20! so it looks like a sober results party for me then! woohoo go team!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You ****ing ****ing **** ****s!!! Give Me My ****ing Results Ahghghhghghghh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sangre wrote:
    You ****ing ****ing **** ****s!!! Give Me My ****ing Results Ahghghhghghghh

^^ what he said.

• Advertisement

I posted on the SEP moodle about the results (as nobody has done that yet), let's see if Joe replies..... It's just ridiculous if there's actually an 80% failure rate.

Advertisement