Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything like dragonball z ??????

Options
  • 05-06-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok just watched the whole dbz series (so long and so good) and was wondering what do all you dbz fans also watch ??

also liked cowboy be bob and Outlaw Star .

hope you can help :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Drawn out battles and filler, try Naruto. The last, I dunno, 30 or so episodes have been filler and it doesn't look like that's going to change for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

tnx will try

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bleach is another one you should probably try out.

Lots and lots of battles between super powerful warriors in that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Second vote for bleach, ive watched 65 episodes in a week and a half. Love it.

Zillah wrote:
    Second vote for bleach, ive watched 65 episodes in a week and a half. Love it.
    You'll be into lots of lovely filler episodes soon enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Zillah wrote:
    ive watched 65 episodes in a week and a half.

:eek:

:eek:
    I was the same actually... totally got hooked by it... then those filler episodes with the vampires made me completely lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Theres quite a lot of these Shonen Jump-style fighting shows.

You could always try Dragonball GT .... *choke*

As everyone else has mentioned, theres Naruto & Bleach. Yoiu could also try Yu Yu Hakusho & Hunter X Hunter.

sharingan wrote:
    Theres quite a lot of these Shonen Jump-style fighting shows.

You could always try Dragonball GT .... *choke*

As everyone else has mentioned, theres Naruto & Bleach. Yoiu could also try Yu Yu Hakusho & Hunter X Hunter.

kk tnx and also db gt is CRAP

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

awhir wrote:
    kk tnx and also db gt is CRAP

Dragonball Get lost Toriyama.

• Advertisement

Yep... it was pretty rubbish... but Baby had his moments though.

And the Super Android 17 was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I was the same actually... totally got hooked by it... then those filler episodes with the vampires made me completely lose interest.

Would it still be worth watching?

Or is the manga better?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Watche Bleach and Naruto.

DBZ ftw
    >_>
    <_<

Would it still be worth watching?

Or is the manga better?
    I've never read the Manga.... but it's a pretty good action anime... it's starts out with the first 16 or so episodes being very episodic.. then it suddenly goes into a big long running epic storyline very much like a dragonball saga.

The fights are very well animated and fun to watch... and don't drag out as much as the Dragonball fights.

You have stuff like going Super Saiyan though... as most of the characters have their own special swords with special powers... and they all 2 different levels of power they can power their sword up to.

You mean the bounts? Or whatever they're called. Yeah, what a crap story arc, but still far more interesting than the random filler crap Naruto has been going through for well over a season. Naruto anime must be miles ahead of the manga.

got some Naruto episodes but there in jap is there english episodes also out ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Watch anime in japanese, apart from Hellsing where both are acceptable but the English is better.

Watch anime in japanese, apart from Hellsing where both are acceptable but the English is better.

aww buttt im to lazy to read :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I used to always go for the dubbed versions of anime but after reading post here about the japanese versions being better i have never turned back :)

Bleach is great im even enjoying the fillers there not as bad as what people make out, Im right up on the latest ep 82 and 83 was released today afaik.

Naruto was good i managed to stick with it to ep 166 but lost interest after that. I did watch the first few episodes in both jap and us dubbed (think for toonami) and ill have to say the jap was better the dubbed version had a lot edited out. Even started to learn some japanese so as not to depend on subtitles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

sharingan wrote:
    Dragonball Get lost Toriyama.

Em Toriyama had nothing to do with that series.

• Advertisement

chupacabra wrote:
    Em Toriyama had nothing to do with that series.
    Hence him being told to get lost... do you see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Makaveli wrote:
    Naruto anime must be miles ahead of the manga.

Actually the manga is going off with the good story and the anime is ars*ing about.
    The anime goes straight from the fight between Naruto and Sauske to two years later. All the characters are grown up with more moves and abilities and the like ^_^

I figure they are slowing down the anime so they dont run out of story in the middle. ~shrug~

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Im just catching up to the filler eps of naruto now...ive been warned theyre not so good :rolleyes:

Cosine wrote:
    Actually the manga is going off with the good story and the anime is ars*ing about.
    The anime goes straight from the fight between Naruto and Sauske to two years later. All the characters are grown up with more moves and abilities and the like ^_^

I figure they are slowing down the anime so they dont run out of story in the middle. ~shrug~

This is the best way to do it I suppose, that way we get to see all the relevant story without filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Even better is that I've a friend who's really into both the anime and the manga. The first episode where the anime starts to follow the story again and I'm bound to get an email :D Saves me having watch any more filler

whats filler ??

awhir wrote:
    whats filler ??
    lol.

Let's take DBZ. When everybody just goes 'grrrrr' and 'I can't believe he is so powerful' for a complete episode.

Filler episodes are episodes made only for the anime series and aren't actually part of the Manga storyline.

The Garlic Junior Saga in Dragonball Z would be an example of filler episodes.
    Let's take DBZ. When everybody just goes 'grrrrr' and 'I can't believe he is so powerful' for a complete episode.
    Ha... that's not filler... that's the main plot of the series.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

401080dbz.jpg

Took a while to find this one again.

• Advertisement

I remember it well. If dragonball has no storyline then there is no filler? :)

Advertisement