Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything like dragonball z ??????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I remember it well. If dragonball has no storyline then there is no filler? :)
    Well there were crappy episodes with non-essential storylines like when Piccolo and Goku take a driving test.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The storline is them living their lifes, driving is essential for goku!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Cosine wrote:
    Even better is that I've a friend who's really into both the anime and the manga. The first episode where the anime starts to follow the story again and I'm bound to get an email :D Saves me having watch any more filler

Dattebayo seem to think it will be in 15 weeks, however about 30 or so episodes ago they thought it would be in 25 weeks (as in the filler should have ended a couple of months ago). Who knows when it will happen, but I guess it will depend on the manga.
    Going on what you said in the spoiler earlier they'll either have to have a growth spurt or they wont bother making them older. They don't even mention Sauske anymore in the anime, where as the older filler episodes referred to him a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

I prefer Naruto to Bleach. I watched 182 Naruto episodes in like, 6 days (I was sick that week), and have watched 30 Bleach episodes.
    I thought the opening of Naruto was better than Bleach, and there's just far too many dragged-out fights.
    Naruto will continue to have fillers until episode 200, so until August, so that the Manga can get far ahead enough so they don't run out of episodes. The Manga is currently at when they go to Oroshimaru's to 'rescue' Sasuke but then he's like omg I'm not that emo anymore so I'm not gonna go back but I'm still gonna kick Itachi's hawt ass!(too much doujinshi) and so they're about to fight...Actually, I think the new manga chapter came out today or yesterday. Chapter 310...It'll be online now, I'mma go read! Also, the latest dattebayo filler is out today. They're out every Thurday. You can download 'em in about 10 minutes or watch 'em on YouTube.
    Ph34r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fear_the_spoon!

I loved the DBZ series i made my cousins watch it too. I like inuyasha and Witch Hunter Robin but mine are in Japaneese with subtitles but its still really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Graki_Khan

I've found One Piece to be like DBZ too, in its repitition and filler.

Theres a lot of "grr"ing in the fights too. Altho i think One Piece is more wacky and "fun" than serious and macho DBZ. But give it a try anyway.

If you like the fighting and the longness of DBZ i say give Rurouni Kenshin a try. I think its also called Samurai X but I'm not sure...

But anyway - yeah, good luck on your seach and tastes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

anyone else like shaman king? >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

i'm also a dbz fanatic. but i also love saiyuki and naruto...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murrayeel

One Piece and Naruto adds to my anime favorites!;)

Advertisement