Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie domain question

Options
  • 05-06-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

I registered a .ie domain. I wasnt asked for a company number. I have purchased hosting elsewhere. I now want to change the nameservers to my hosting account. But im told I need to provide a company number to do this.

The .ie domain I have is not for a company its a personal project. Does this mean Im fecked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You will need to explain why you wish to register the domain name to the IEDR. If it's for a personal project the IEDR may accept it at their discretion, but you will need to provide documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

blacknight wrote:
    You will need to explain why you wish to register the domain name to the IEDR. If it's for a personal project the IEDR may accept it at their discretion, but you will need to provide documentation.

The domain has been registered though. And if I took hosting with these guys there wouldnt be a problem, from what I can see. The problem seems to have just popped up since I wanted to purchase hosting elsewhere.

I know I should be talking to these guys about it but I just want to see what my options are before I call. Is the company number I provide verified in any way? I do have a company number I could provide but it is nothing to do with the domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The domain has been registered though. And if I took hosting with these guys there wouldnt be a problem, from what I can see. The problem seems to have just popped up since I wanted to purchase hosting elsewhere.

That sounds more than a bit odd, unless they got the domain "provisionally accepted" by the IEDR
    I know I should be talking to these guys about it but I just want to see what my options are before I call. Is the company number I provide verified in any way? I do have a company number I could provide but it is nothing to do with the domain.

The CRO numbers are easily checked online here

If you want to contact me directly with more details etc., email me directly (michele@blacknight.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Sounds like they might be just trying to 'encourage' you to host with them. You can change the dns details directly at www.iedr.ie if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks Steve,

Blacknight is on the case!

• Advertisement
Advertisement