Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French

Options
  • 05-06-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

What are people learning off for section 2 of the french higher paper? its too hard to just learn phrases because what phrases are we expected to learn off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

no help anyone ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

MB44 wrote:
    no help anyone ??

French riots. Road safety. Formal letter of Compaint. there the tips i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

MB44 wrote:
    What are people learning off for section 2 of the french higher paper? its too hard to just learn phrases because what phrases are we expected to learn off.

I have sheets with phrases! I'll decide this weekend which ones I'm learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

the riots and racism in general. The usual stuff about alcohol, drugs, violence. If you learn just started phraces and a few general ones lie "c'est pire que jamais" or c'est un fleau que menace le societe", you'll be grand. There's so many ot use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

c'est un fleau qui touche chague facon de notre sociéte....that just came to me there for some reason.

I asked this a few days ago and got told; obesity, road deaths, letter of complaint, racism..and obviously the riots.

They might just give us a comprehension on the riots though 'cos it's so obvious that it might come up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

you're talking about the riots in france ye? not dublin? was the riots in france about that they wanted the right to b garaunteed a job or sumthin?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

yeh the ones in paris. they happened right around 'exam making' time last october. they were over some new legislation which would have made it easier for employers to fire people i think....not too sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Definitly learn something on violence (which will cover the riots and all that), rascism - it hasn't appeared on the paper before and emigration. Apart from that I dunno, but you can bet that they are going to ask your opinion on something so have a few phrases like:

selon moi

je pense/ je crois

d'apres moi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

id say there would be something on football too cuz of the world cup

Advertisement