Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Charlesland Windsurfers

Options
  • 05-06-2006 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

We're due to move in to Charlesland in Nov, and I am wondering how many windsurfers live in Charlesland. I already know of 2 people that windsurf regularily from Greystones Beach.

As a serious windsurfer id be interested in meeting other windsurfers in the area.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

hey there to be local.
    you wont find that many launching off the beach but you could help set a trend. i am an ex-inst and would like to get out when i can but am tied to the job. whenever you get down drop me a mail at Formulapower@eircom.net
    and we might see about getting some heads together.

James

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

John-boy, good to see you on Saturday.. let me know if you wanna try the north beach at all this summer.

can't wait til theres a few more down here who actually use the beach.. ;)

regards,

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 King_Carlos

I'm over in charlesland Park and would be interested in meeting other windsurfers. I could not really find anywhere to launch in the area and have started going back to my local launch in Seapoint.(also for safety in numbers)
    I'm only back into the sport after a few years out of it and I'm struggling, its not like riding a bike you do indeed forget, I'm currently trying to learn all about how to get into the straps and the harness all over again. Except this time around the boards are much smaller and wider!

i think i have a copy of my instructers manual around. it will make getting into the straps much easier. send me a pm if you want and will organise somthing for you king.

lads, who's on for north beach, then? i was out there last friday night. not much wind, but great little spot for launching off. the shelf drops away really quickly, so a quick beach start, or water start is necessary..

apres surf in "The Beachhouse" too, makes it sound almost like hawaii :rolleyes:

i'd prefer to go out with a few lads as well, so any time you want to go out.. maybe we should pm each other with phone numbers..

regards,

G

• Advertisement

north Beach it is then. However it does not look too good for a week or more. maybe force 4 max so it's more drinking in the Beachhouse and talking about surfing weather.

anyone want to go out today? i'm looking to be in the water come 5:30.. wind looks great!!

failing that it's back up to salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replies - looking forward to getting a good crew going when we move in

Gareth, dont think ill make it down over the summer - more likely salthill -
    but ill see you in the autumn for the "real" wind - sure there's no wind in the summer anyway:p

JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There was someone out on the South Beach yesterday, at the southernmost end.

It was very impressive to watch the speed he/she was reaching. I haven't seen windsurfing like that since I was in Lanzarote.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hey folks,
    JandS put me on to this thread. i'm living in the wood and so far have not sailed from the area. though i have nipped down to the south beach a few times for a look but chickened out as i'm not too keen on trying out a new beach without someone else there for moral support. it looks like it would rock in a south to south east so i am definitly on for a few sessions after work if the wind looks good.
    oink

• Advertisement

So has anyone come up with a plan? Should we exchange numbers as a PM least that way we might all stop chickening out.

Regards
    Craig

friday 5pm. should be in the water at 6.

any one hitting the water this evening?

lads, i've sent you a PM with contact details.. send me yours so we can arrange some sessions.

sunday was fantastic, btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Britney

Hi,

I recently moved into Charlesland Park. I'd love to try a bit of windsurfing and see if i'd like it. I don't have any gear though and no experience. Is there anyway of trying it out without having to go to the expense of buying all the equipment?

Thanks!

Wind fror cast for this weekend is good.
    19/20 knots for saturday and sunday.

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=1910

Britney wrote:
    Hi,

I recently moved into Charlesland Park. I'd love to try a bit of windsurfing and see if i'd like it. I don't have any gear though and no experience. Is there anyway of trying it out without having to go to the expense of buying all the equipment?

Thanks!

Fingal sailing school have set up a windsurfing school down in Seapoint/Sathill and they have another one on the malahide Estuary. Better off to give it a few goes before you get addicted, but be warned You WILL GET ADDICTED.

There is also the surfdock in the grand canal basin in Ringsend for learning in a safe enclosed environment.

Also better to try it during the summer months/on holidays to maximize your enjoyment, as the water will be much warmer than that in winter.

So folks who's interested in a Saturday slot.

many of you mullets missed last saturday, which just happened to have the best weather of the year... F5 SE with the water warm enough for baggies..

c'mon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stephenh

Hi. Any luck in finding a group for the 'stones ?

I'm based in Bray and have been practising hard at falling off my rig at speed in both salthill and in Dollymount. (I keep launching at salthill and ending up at seappoint). Greystones would suit me better though.

dont know if people are still looking at this thread but i think we should all meet up anyway some weekend for pints and a laugh.
    sugestions open to the floor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement