Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirates Bay

Options
  • 05-06-2006 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Anybody know anything about this Pirates Bay site, I ve downloaded music and films last night, maybe its illegal to promote it on here. Is there any comeback for me downloading with the authorities etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

My first port of call would be to not mention that fact to anyone, especially publicly, like here...

Bad boys bad boys, what ya gonna do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

gillmc wrote:
    Anybody know anything about this Pirates Bay site, I ve downloaded music and films last night, maybe its illegal to promote it on here. Is there any comeback for me downloading with the authorities etc.

Quick, shut off your computer! They're on to you. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gillmc

seriously what is the situation with these sites is there comeback, serious replies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

My brother's a Gardai, i've given him your ip, you'll be sent to state penitentiary.
    Enjoy prison you filthy crim.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

No, there's no comeback, organisations like the MPAA, RIAA, IRMA are just sitting twiddling their thumbs.

Have you even read the news over the last two years?

If you expect serious replies, don't ask stupid questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Wah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I once downloaded some illegal torrents, the 2 years later, BAM!, woke up minus a kidney.

HEY KIDS STOP ALL THE DOWNLOADIN'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

your ip has been logged. remain at the computer and the fbi will be there to smash through your window soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I feel dumber for having read this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Quick! Take out your harddrives and flush them down the nearest toilet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

but they can find them in the sewers!!!!!1111onehundredandeleven. first you'll have to run a magnet over them and partition them. you'll need an axe for the last part

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

gillmc: Yes...Get a large tub of vaseline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

RIAA/MPAA: 1
    Criminals: 8,493,393,107,791.5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

The fact its called "The Pirate Bay"???? might give it away. Pirates aren't known for there honesty and moral upstanding, and yes you are traceable but if there is anyone out there that will care is another thing. You're more likely to get done for sharing than downloading. Although either way you're all promoting communism... god damn commies!!!

downloading_communism.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

You'll get teh Hax0rz if you downlaod teh interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

L31mr0d wrote:
    The fact its called "The Pirate Bay"???? might give it away. Pirates aren't known for there honesty and moral upstanding, and yes you are traceable but if there is anyone out there that will care is another thing. You're more likely to get done for sharing than downloading. Although either way you're all promoting communism... god damn commies!!!

downloading_communism.png

thats brillent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

gillmc wrote:
    seriously what is the situation with these sites is there comeback, serious replies only.
    Now what would you think, seriously? Where have you been for the last five years or have you only just now discovered the Internet?

Everything you download via P2P can be traced. The files you share can be identified and used against you in any civil proceedings, as is currently being done by IRMA here in Ireland.

The legality of the sites themselves is questionable, which is why they haven't all been closed already. The legality of what you're doing is not so questionable, either you have permission or you don't.

What ever happened to those RIAA/MPAA ads that claimed that buying bootleg DVDs and CDs was supporting Bin Laden and company?
    Like this, only not fake.
    terroristmp36hp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i would say there are lots of terroists in the world then maybe 1 billon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Not this again... Old thread bumped so closing..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement